TS streams, M3U8 lists and addhdr param

micaelsilva

In DVBViewer versions until 6.1.5.2 the presence of a addhdr= param inside a 302 HTTP redirect or inside was interpreted correctly by the software, since 6.1.6.1 it is ignored. Sometimes it is followed for requesting the M3U8 playlist but not when requesting the TS segments.

I can't reproduce the issue, neither in practice nor by 6.1.5.2/6.1.6.1 code comparison. So more specific information about the URL and how the HTTP redirect happens is required.

Please verify the issue by using DVBViewer debug mode (see Windows start menu -> DVBViewer). It lets DVBViewer log in detail what is going on, including all HTTP request headers, server responses, received playlists etc. Please note that DVBViewer writes a whole lot of text to the DVBViewer.log (see configuration folder) during HLS reception, so only let it run for a short time.

Ok, I can see the difference in your logs and in the DVBViewer 6.1.5.2/6.1.6.1 code.

The issue in recent versions is caused by a proceeding that was never intended to work in this way. In DVBViewer 6.1.5.2 it rather works accidentally, not purposely. Usually addhdr is appended to the main URL. In your case it would look like this

http://test.rdmbr.net/....?addhdr=...

and the additional HTTP request header lines are automatically added to all subsequent requests for media playlists and segments. That's what I've tested yesterday.

However, in your case the main URL does not contain addhdr. It is part of the media playlist URLs contained in the master playlist delivered by the server. The server output is obviously tailored for DVBViewer, which means, it is not the original master playlist of the channel, but a modified one.

DVBViewer 6.1.5.2 stores the addhdr lines after the download of a media playlist, in order to apply them to subsequent segment requests. DVBViewer 6.1.6.1 stores the addhdr lines at an earlier point after the download of the playlist referenced by the main URL. That's why it misses addhdr  appended to the URLs within the received playlist.

So what you want seems to be a "special interest" thing. I suppose it can be changed back without disadvantage, but the consequences in the current code have to be checked carefully.