TransEdit 4.2.3

Retrofan

Hi,

I like TransEdit 4.2.3 very much. Thanks for this great tool!

I have 2 suggestions for it and hopefully you will add them to the next version.

1. LCN is supported when scanning DVB-C channels which is great.

I'm using Fritz!WLAN Repeater DVB-C with the latest Fritz!OS 7.01 with it acts as an SAT>IP server.

It runs fine with TransEdit and DVBViewer Pro.

However, some channels don't have LCN and the field is empty in TransEdit.

This is the fault of my cable operator, but can you please add a filter to skip/ignore channels without LCN?

Now I have to delete them manually. That would be great. ?

2. Can you please add an option to display LCN number in exported SAT>IP M3U file?

This way also DVBViewer Pro can take advantage of it, as it's just text. ?

For example:

EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,ARD
#EXTVLCOPT:program=19401

rtsp://192.168.0.4:554?freq=202&msys=dvbc&sr=6900&specinv=1&mtype=256qam&pids=0,16,17,20,2000,2001,2101,2011

Please add the LCN from TransEdit as channel description in M3U, for example 50 (with or without with option)

#EXTINF:-1,50 ARD
#EXTVLCOPT:program=19401
rtsp://192.168.0.4:554?freq=202&msys=dvbc&sr=6900&specinv=1&mtype=256qam&pids=0,16,17,20,2000,2001,2101,2011

3. Does TransEdit also support the Homing Channel feature like TVMosaic Live! does?

Scanning one frequency with parameters will scan the other available frequencies.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Best regards,

Simon

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Retrofan:

can you please add a filter to skip/ignore channels without LCN?

Not necessary. Sort the scan results in LCN order by clicking the LCN column title. After that all channels without LCN are located at the top or bottom of the list. Then select them (the list supports multi-selection) and delete them. Or select all other channels and export them.

Can you please add an option to display LCN number in exported SAT>IP M3U file?

You mean, adding it to the channel name? The usual way for IPTV M3U lists is adding it as tvg-chno tag, as described here. However, DVBViewer doesn't read it.

3. Does TransEdit also support the Homing Channel feature like TVMosaic Live! does?

If you know the homing transponder frequency, you can use TransEdit -> New List -> Cable  to prepare a transponder list that only contains this frequency. Then make sure that this list is selected and click Update. It will let TransEdit read the NIT (Network Information Table) broadcasted on this frequency and add all other frequencies contained in this table to the list. TransEdit will also try to scan the NIT of the added transponders,. Since they will not yield new results, you can stop the scan after the first frequency has been scanned by clicking Stop in the scanner window.

Another possibility is to use Settings -> Scanner -> Scan NIT and update transponder list while scanning. It lets TransEdit perform the transponder list update during a normal scan that includes the homing frequency. However, additionally scanning the NIT lets the scan take longer.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

You mean, adding it to the channel name? The usual way for IPTV M3U lists is adding it as tvg-chno tag, as described here. However, DVBViewer doesn't read it.

No, as DVBViewer doesn't read this tag, I hope you can put the number before the channelname, just as text in the M3U file. Then DVBViewer will take it as it is.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

If you know the homing transponder frequency, you can use TransEdit -> New List -> Cable  to prepare a transponder list that only contains this frequency. Then make sure that this list is selected and click Update. It will let TransEdit read the NIT (Network Information Table) broadcasted on this frequency and add all other frequencies contained in this table to the list. TransEdit will also try to scan the NIT of the added transponders,. Since they will not yield new results, you can stop the scan after the first frequency has been scanned by clicking Stop in the scanner window.

Another possibility is to use Settings -> Scanner -> Scan NIT and update transponder list while scanning. It lets TransEdit perform the transponder list update during a normal scan that includes the homing frequency. However, additionally scanning the NIT lets the scan take longer.

Cool, thanks, I will try.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

Not necessary. Sort the scan results in LCN order by clicking the LCN column title. After that all channels without LCN are located at the top or bottom of the list. Then select them (the list supports multi-selection) and delete them. Or select all other channels and export them.

Yes, I know, but I'm lazy. ? I was hoping this could be done automatically with an option.