DVB-T Scan not finding one channel

Ricjy4001

Hi, am located in Darwin, Australia and having trouble with one particular channel not being found during DVB-T scan. I created a custom .ini (see below) using TransEdit, all other channels come in fine except for 'Seven'. Have been using NextPVR & TV Mosaic and picks the channel up fine so must be something I have wrong. I sourced the below frequencies for Darwin here: https://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au

Have also tried different combinations of settings, scan for additional frequencies etc.

[SATTYPE]
1=5000
2=DVB-T Darwin

[DVB]
0=5
1=536625,7,4,|SBS
2=543625,7,4,|ABC
3=550625,7,4,|Nine
4=557625,7,4,|Seven
5=564625,7,4,|DDT

Cheers, any help would be much appreciated.

(DVBViewer Pro and Media Server, Win10)

Edited by Ricjy4001

Usually there is more than one channel located on a frequency / transponder. Is just one channel missing on 557.625 MHz or is the whole transponder dead? What does the TransEdit Analyzer show?

Appologies I should have been more clear, the transponder appears dead. I just tried doing a scan in TransEdit but bringing up nothing for that frequency, all the others work. I even located another transmitter slightly further away and tried the frequency for that one but same deal, it too brang up the other channels fine. What's odd is the channels for that frequency are coming up fine in two other backends. Am using DVB Media Server with Kodi and is rock solid especially when it comes to startup/shutdown, fast channel changes etc so not wanting to return to others!

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Ricjy4001:

What's odd is the channels for that frequency are coming up fine in two other backends.

With the same (which?) or other (which?) DVB hardware? Supplied by the same antenna?

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Ricjy4001:

I just tried doing a scan in TransEdit but bringing up nothing for that frequency, all the others work. I even located another transmitter slightly further away and tried the frequency for that one but same deal,

You are using these frequencies, right? The other transmitter is this one?

16 hours ago, Griga said:

With the same (which?) or other (which?) DVB hardware? Supplied by the same antenna?

You are using these frequencies, right? The other transmitter is this one?

Hi, yes correct, using these. The troublesome frequency is 557.625 Mhz

To your other question, this was the other transmitter I tried, and the other two backends are NextPVR & TV Mosaic, they both pick up all the channels for this frequency fine, which makes it more confusing!

Cheers and thanks

Am 7.7.2020 um 16:00 schrieb Ricjy4001:

I created a custom .ini

In your list all frequencies are flagged as DVB-T2 (It's the 4 after the second comma). Are you sure that 557.625 is a DVB-T2 transponder? It may not work because it is still DVB-T, depending on your DVB hardware. Which device are you using? Are the other backends using the same device? (last attempt).

Success! Went into TV Mosaic's transponder list for Australia that was working and with slight modification was able to use that to scan, and bingo, all 8 channels under 'Seven' came up. Turns out this was the frequency 529.500 to use, which is not on the transponder list.

Cheers

Edited by Ricjy4001
typo