Few problems with two different DVB-S2 cards

enb141

I have few problems with DVBViewer Pro and Media Server:

- When I use a TBS 6922 in DVBViewer if I choose a satellite in a diseqc port different than 0, then I have to change to another diseqc port first and switch back, for example if I want to watch a satellite in diseqc port 2, I have to switch first to diseqc port 3 then I have to switch back to port 2.

- When I use a TBS 6922 in Media Server, diseqcs ports 2 - 4 doesn't work, only diseqc port 1, with a Digital Devices cineS2 v6.5 all diseqc ports work.

- When I use a TBS 6922 or a Digital Devices cineS2 v6.5 in DVBViewer after some channel changing DVBViewer crashes.

- When I use a TBS 6922 or a Digital Devices cineS2 v6.5 in Media Server only first stream works,  for example [rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34] if I try to tune this again or if I try to tune something else then it doesn't work, I have to stop and start again Media Server.

support.zip

vor 3 Stunden schrieb enb141:

When I use a TBS 6922 in DVBViewer if I choose a satellite in a diseqc port different than 0, then I have to change to another diseqc port first and switch back

Maybe this will help:

https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/61681-dvbsky-s952-usals-dvbviewer/?do=findComment&comment=476096

For the Media Server it can be applied to the TBS tuner entry in the file config/svchardware.xml (see configuration folder) accordingly, while the Server is stopped.

vor einer Stunde schrieb enb141:

I forgot to mention that usually crashes when switching to an encrypted channel.

Unfortunately the TbsCIapi.dll, that handles the transfer of CI data from the application to the TBS driver, is a known source of instability. In some cases it works, in other cases it crashes for unknown reasons. It has to be fixed by TBS. We cannot do much about it. However, you can try the latest DVBViewer Pro and Media Server Fix versions from the members (download) area -> beta section that contain a fix for the TbsCIapi.dll handling. Read more about it here.

Generally I would recommend to use your Digital Devices tuners for receiving encrypted channels (their CI handling is very stable) and untick "Has CI module" for your TBS tuner, so that the TbsCIapi.dll isn't used anymore.

P.S. I can't see TbsCIapi.dll usage in your support.zip. Without it you can't receive encrypted channels anyway. Use the DVBViewer Downloader (see Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer) for installing the CI/Remote support for TBS cards.

Edited by Griga

Maybe this will help:

https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61681-dvbsky-s952-usals-DVBViewer/?do=findComment&comment=476096

For the Media Server it can be applied to the TBS tuner entry in the file config/svchardware.xml (see configuration folder) accordingly, while the Server is stopped.

Changing to <entry name="DiSEqCCount">2</entry> fixed the issue.

Unfortunately the TbsCIapi.dll, that handles the transfer of CI data from the application to the TBS driver, is a known source of instability. In some cases it works, in other cases it crashes for unknown reasons. It has to be fixed by TBS. We cannot do much about it. However, you can try the latest DVBViewer Pro and Media Server Fix versions from the members (download) area -> beta section that contain a fix for the TbsCIapi.dll handling. Read more about it here.

Generally I would recommend to use your Digital Devices tuners for receiving encrypted channels (their CI handling is very stable) and untick "Has CI module" for your TBS tuner, so that the TbsCIapi.dll isn't used anymore.

P.S. I can't see TbsCIapi.dll usage in your support.zip. Without it you can't receive encrypted channels anyway. Use the DVBViewer Downloader (see Windows Start Menu -> DVBViewer) for installing the CI/Remote support for TBS cards.

Crashes using both cards, TBS or Digital Devices, I'm using [removed, violating forum rule §13] [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ].

I also tried with <entry name="Retune">1</entry> to see if rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34 works but it doesn't, only the first time works, then even if I try to use the same satellite and transponder it doesn't works anymore. If I want it to work I have to stop and start again Media Server in order to make it to work, I tested it with TS Reader using SAT>IP module.

Crashes using both cards, TBS or Digital Devices, I'm using [removed, violating forum rule §13] [

The forum software has fixed your post automatically :) Obviously you are using some third party software, that can't be discussed and supported here for legal reasons. Please contact the developer of this software.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb enb141:

When I use a TBS 6922 or a Digital Devices cineS2 v6.5 in Media Server only first stream works, 

Does it happen with encrypted channels or also when switching between unencrypted channels?

Does it happen with encrypted channels or also when switching between unencrypted channels?

Yes, I tested with unencrypted channels and still the same problem.

I'm trying to tune the whole transponder by the way, so it contains both unencrypted and encrypted channels.

The forum software has fixed your post automatically :) Obviously you are using some third party software, that can't be discussed and supported here for legal reasons. Please contact the developer of this software.

The crash is specific to that one or to all of those of the same kind?

Edited by enb141
vor 1 Stunde schrieb enb141:

Yes, I tested with unencrypted channels and still the same problem.

Please try it without plugins or whatever you are using. Still the same problem?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb enb141:

The crash is specific to that one or to all of those of the same kind?

I don't know. No experience with that stuff...

Please try it without plugins or whatever you are using. Still the same problem?

Yes, removed all plugins from "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Plugins" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Plugins"

By the way the problem only happens when I try to tune the whole transponder, if I try to tune one independent channel it works as it should.

rtsp://localhost:554/?chid=3122120455706051160xxx (this works and switches to the next channel without needing to restart the service)

rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34 (with this one I have to restart the service each time)

Another problem that I'm getting is that I set to get only favourites but I always get all channels in rtsp and html m3u files

vor 45 Minuten schrieb enb141:

with this one I have to restart the service each time

Requesting the whole transponder via Sat>IP requires a &pids=all parameter, doesn't it?

Sorry, ATM I'm a bit short of time. I'll have a closer look at it and try to reproduce the issue as soon as possible.

Requesting the whole transponder via Sat>IP requires a &pids=all parameter, doesn't it?

Sorry, ATM I'm a bit short of time. I'll have a closer look at it and try to reproduce the issue as soon as possible.

The issue happens when using TSReader, for some reason when you close TSReader or you change to another transponder/satellite, DVBViewer Media Server doesn't knows that the stream has ended and gets stuck.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb enb141:

rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34

With a URL like this you are telling the Media Server "use the first tuner from the hardware list (fe=1) and perform tuning with the given parameters, but don't deliver any data", which doesn't make much sense. Sat>IP requires to request explicitly what you want. If you don't, you get nothing. If you want the whole transponder, you need to add &pids=all:

rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34&pids=all

I've tested it with DVBViewer and TransEdit as clients, and it worked as expected.

With a URL like this you are telling the Media Server "use the first tuner from the hardware list (fe=1) and perform tuning with the given parameters, but don't deliver any data", which doesn't make much sense. Sat>IP requires to request explicitly what you want. If you don't, you get nothing. If you want the whole transponder, you need to add &pids=all:

That was just an example I tried with and without pids with VLC

Trying this [rtsp://localhost:554/?fe=1&src=4&freq=12230&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=30000&mtype=8psk&fec=34&pids=all] with VLC doesn't stucks media server,  The problem is with TSReader, can you test with TSReader by yourself?

can you test with TSReader by yourself?

No. But the svcdebug.log in the configuration foldert will probably reveal what's going on. Stop the service, delete the svcdebug.log, start the service, reproduce the issue, stop the service, then have a look or attach the log here.

After using DebugView, I found that TSReader is using HTTP and not RTSP

this is what TSReader is sending to the URL

http://127.0.0.1:554/?freq=11050&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=27902&fec=23&ro=0.35&plts=off&src=3&fe=1&pids=all

Here is the svcdebug.log

svcdebug.log

16 minutes ago, Griga said:

Are you aware of the fact that you are using Media Server Basic, not the full version?

Yes, and as far as I know the differences between Media Server Basic vs Full is that Full version can record by itself, can update EPG more frequently and can send mails alerts.

This link doesn't mentions any limitations about tunning the whole transponder

https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/59145-DVBViewer-media-server-announcement/

The first time it tunes the whole transponder, the problem is the second time.

Edited by enb141

It looks like TSReader doesn't close the first connection before opening the second one:

Am 22.7.2019 um 10:19 schrieb hackbart:

DMS Basic is a single-user product. It cannot deliver two or more streams simultaneously, except as Sat>IP (RTSP) server to clients belonging to the DVBViewer family on the same PC.

You can verify it by restarting TSReader instead of  the Media Server.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb enb141:

Trying this(...) with VLC doesn't stucks media server

...but it is not possible to receive the same stream with two VLC instances if you are using DMS Basic. It works with the full version, though.

You can verify it by restarting TSReader instead of  the Media Server.

I tried closing TSReader and also I tried just changing to another satellite/transponder and in both cases it gets stuck.

...but it is not possible to receive the same stream with two VLC instances if you are using DMS Basic. It works with the full version, though.

I understand that, I just want one instance, one satellite/transponder at the time as you do with any DVB-S card, you can't tune two satellites/transponders at the same time.

Try something like this using VLC

http://127.0.0.1:554/?freq=11050&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=27902&fec=23&ro=0.35&plts=off&src=3&fe=1&pids=all

use VLC, and if you try to tune it again, by closing or by stopping VLC you will notice that you won't be able to tune it again not even the same satellite transponder.

now if you do the same test but this time using rtsp

rtsp://127.0.0.1:554/?freq=11050&pol=v&msys=dvbs2&sr=27902&fec=23&ro=0.35&plts=off&src=3&fe=1&pids=all

then it doesn't gets stuck.

Edited by enb141
vor 10 Stunden schrieb enb141:

I didn't know that I had to download the full version,

We will add a hint in the KeyTool and in the mail containing the license data.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb enb141:

Try something like this using VLC

OK, you are right. It doesn't work as it should. It's a bug. The DMS Basic counts HTTP connections via the RTSP port 554 twice, but only decrements the counter by one when they get closed, thus assuming an active stream henceforth, so that subsequent connections are rejected.

Only the DMS Basic and HTTP connections handled by the RTSP server are affected. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for helping to pinpoint the issue.

OK, you are right. It doesn't work as it should. It's a bug. The DMS Basic counts HTTP connections via the RTSP port 554 twice, but only decrements the counter by one when they get closed, thus assuming an active stream henceforth, so that subsequent connections are rejected.

Only the DMS Basic and HTTP connections handled by the RTSP server are affected. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for helping to pinpoint the issue.

You are welcome.

I have another question:

I would like to know if is possible to use your own channel number on favourites?

In other words I would like to know if you can change somehow channel numbers in your favourite list?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb enb141:

I would like to know if is possible to use your own channel number on favourites?

The channel / favourites numbering is determined by the order of channels in the channel / favourites list. Of course you can change the order in the DVBViewer channel editor, but there is no independent user-defined numbering that allows for gaps.

There are no channel numbers in the DMS web interfaces anyway.

As suggestion it would be cool to be able to create your own list using the channel numbering you want.

Another question, I've notice that favourites or channels list on Media Server only gets updated if I stop and start again the service, there is another way to update channels lists?

Next release (not published yet) will detect changes of the channel list and reload it. Don't ask when it will be released because I cannot tell you.