Problem adding an RTSP stream as channel

dgian

I wonder if there is a recent change that could play (recognize ) the below rtsp stream as a channel:

rtsp://192.168.0.1:555/user=user&password=pass&channel=1&stream=0.sdp

Referencing an old topic of mine,

(https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61044-rtsp-stream-plays-from-open-url-but-not-as-favorite-channel/)

Open it from "Open url" and as a playlist plays it fine, and in the filters section I have the below:

image.png.d2b9fff780eb28570ff27d6e42c08fb3.png

Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, dgian said:

I wonder if there is a recent change that could play (recognize ) the below rtsp stream as a channel:

A future change will enable to play such streams from the channel list.

Natively DVBViewer only supports the Sat>IP variant of RTSP. Other kinds of RTSP are delegated to third party playback components like the LAV Source Filter (which most likely took over in your case). This will not change. However, the next major (not bugfix) release will allow to store everything referenced by a filename or URL in the channel list and open it from there.

• 8 months later...