Send mail when recording are finished and send mail when auto search adds new timers does not work anymore after upgrade to V2.1.7.0

Qosmio

After upgrade to DVBViewer Media server V2.1.7.0

Send mail when recording are finished and send mail when auto search adds new timers does not work anymore, testing send email works.

Anybody has same problem?

Cheers

Good question, i did not even know there was a version like that :), just downloaded the 2.1.7.1 version and installed it will post update if it's solved with the updated full version.

After the upgrade to 2.1.7.1 full version the issue is still there no email after finished recording or adding auto search, only the test send email works.

Confirmed and fixed. The Media Server Options (svcoptions.exe) don't write new mail settings to the file svcuserdata.xml. That's why it doesn't work. I could not reproduce it because my svcuserdata.xml already contained the settings.

Please check your PMs...

Replaced the files but the issue is still there, on sending mail after recording and after creating timers, email config is all there in svcuserdata.xml, sending test email works.

Here it works. However, I noticed that entering email data and finishing with OK does not trigger a Media Server restart, which is necessary to let it read the changes. So I did it manually by stopping and restarting it via the tray menu. Please try if this helps...

Stopping and starting the service did not resolve the issue also reconfiguring the email configuration did not solve it, i have my own exchange mail server and mail from recording service is send on local lan to the exchange server and its not classified as spam (logs) and the test email is dropped in my inbox just fine. I like to reinstall the recording service but then i will lose all my recording inputs in the recording list or do you have a solution for that?

52 minutes ago, Qosmio said:

I like to reinstall the recording service but then i will lose all my recording inputs in the recording list

It won't happen unless you uninstall ithe Media Server first and let the uninstaller delete your settings. However, if you actually install the old Recording Service instead of the Media Server, I don't know... create a backup of your svctimers.xml first.

In the meantime I've successfully run several tests. Have a look into the file svcdebug.log. When the recorder sends a mail, it creates entries like

02.10.20 07:45:12.935 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  0 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:12.963 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  10 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:13.072 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  12 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:13.182 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  10 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:13.327 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  11 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:13.531 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  9 - 0
02.10.20 07:45:13.574 TSMTPMailer          SmtpRequestDone  6 - 0

Are they present? The first number indicates the type of request, the second one is an error code. 0 means no error.

27 minutes ago, Qosmio said:

Fresh installed both DVBViewer and recorder service

The old Recording Service or the DVBViewer Media Server?

Using the old Recording Service together with an up-to-date DVBViewer version is no good idea...