TransEdit 4.2.x doesn't read pid 18 on SAT>IP server for EPG

Retrofan

As the title says: TransEdit 4.2.x doesn't read pid 18 on my SAT>IP server for EPG. How can this be changed?

When I manually add pid 18 to the SAT>IP URL it's fixed, but why doesn't TransEdit add it to the URL?

I use the Fritz! WLAN Repeater DVB-C.

example:

rtsp://192.168.0.4:554?freq=386&msys=dvbc&sr=6900&mtype=256qam&pids=0,16,17,20,2000,2001,2101,2011

should be:

rtsp://192.168.0.4:554?freq=386&msys=dvbc&sr=6900&mtype=256qam&pids=0,16,17,18,20,2000,2001,2101,2011

Clients are not supposed to modify static RTSP URLs. Using them downgrades Sat>IP clients to "thin clients" that can't take influence on what is delivered by the server. Often such URLs are used for RTSP clients like VLC without Sat>IP implementation.

If you want full (dynamic) Sat>P client capabilities, you need to add a virtual RTSP network device in TransEdit -> Settings -> Hardware.

Hi, I'm sorry, but I already did. The Fritz!WLAN Repeater is fully SAT>IP compliant now since Fritz!OS 7.01.

However, when I do a channelscan with TransEdit it finds all channels, but when exporting the scan to M3U, pid 18 isn't listed, so EPG isn't shown in DVBViewer Pro.

When doing the scan within Fritz!OS 7.01 and export the M3U it has pid 18 listed.

Hope you can do the same with TransEdit.

Your first post is misleading, because you said

On 10/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, Retrofan said:

As the title says: TransEdit 4.2.x doesn't read pid 18 on my SAT>IP server for EPG (...) When I manually add pid 18 to the SAT>IP URL it's fixed

which suggests that you wrote about TransEdit as Sat>IP client using static RTSP URLs.

10 hours ago, Retrofan said:

when I do a channelscan with TransEdit it finds all channels, but when exporting the scan to M3U, pid 18 isn't listed

That's right. In some cases it may be wanted, in others unwanted. On some transponders the EIT data rate is quite high (2 MBit/s and more), thus causing additional network load, but without any use for thin clients, that can't process it.

Anyway, everybody can adjust the TransEdit output to his liking by using a text editor and search/replace...

12 hours ago, Griga said:

That's right. In some cases it may be wanted, in others unwanted. On some transponders the EIT data rate is quite high (2 MBit/s and more), thus causing additional network load, but without any use for thin clients, that can't process it.

Anyway, everybody can adjust the TransEdit output to his liking by using a text editor and search/replace...

Okay, I see. I thought it was a bug ?

So, no chance to add an option to include or exclude pid 18 in the exported M3U?

Indeed, otherwise I know how to fix it ?