Run task after stopping a manual recording

Smacca

I made a Windows batch script that renames files in the recording folder when they're completed. It uses the recording .log to extract better channel info and renames the .ts file accordingly. This works great for timer recordings, but not for recordings that are manually started and stopped by the user.

My feature request is to expand this feature to include manual recordings instead of just timer recordings with an end time. 

I am a long time user of DVBV and DMS and absolutely love the program. Having this feature would make my day! 

5 hours ago, Smacca said:

This works great for timer recordings, but not for recordings that are manually started and stopped by the user.

That's true. After recording tasks are only triggered if the recording is stopped by a timer, not if it is stopped in another way before it has reached its end time. Since manual recordings are just timer recordings with a duration of 23:59 hours, they are always stopped earlier.

There are good reasons for handling it in this way. A recording may get stopped for different reasons. E.g. the user may want to delete a (timer) recording a short time after it has been started, because he realizes that he doesn't want the stuff. This would not work reliably if a task would immediately kick in (deleting includes stopping) and do something with the file.

Anyway, there are two methods to work around it:

• Don't stop the recording in the usual way, but go to the DVBViewer -> TV/Radio -> Timer Recordings window, select the recording and set an end time before "Now" (but not before the start time!). This stops the recording immediately "by timer". The method requires setting the desired task as default in Media Server Options -> Recordings -> Task after recording.
  • Stop the recording manually in the usual way. Then go to the Media Server Web Interface -> Recordings page, click the pencil icon that appears on mouse over at the right side of the new recording (opens the "Recording Editor" dialog), select the desired task at the bottom right and click "Apply Task". You can do this at any time after the recording is finished.