Limit Recorded title length

Cian

Hi,

Last week I did something funny to the DMS and cleared my preferences. I know that there was some syntax that allowed me to limit the length of the "%event" text used in creating the name of the recording, but I can't find it anywhere with a search.

Can someone remind me please?

Where are the DMS settings are stored/backed up? It would be nice to back this up automatically for myself in future.

Thanks,

Cian.

27 minutes ago, Cian said:

there was some syntax that allowed me to limit the length of the "%event" text used in creating the name of the recording

Maybe %tshort is what you are looking for. Basically there is

%event: programme title (can't be limited)

%title: sub-title (if present)

%tshort: sub-title shortened to 80 characters

28 minutes ago, Cian said:

Where are the DMS settings are stored/backed up?

Most settings are stored in the file service.xml. It is located in the config sub-directory of the configuration folder. Private settings (like passwords) are stored in the file svcuserdata.xml.

And one more follow-up for FreeSat recordings ...

I have selected Start/Stop based on EPG Running Status, but this does not seem to be enabled when I add recordings through the web service. Is there something in the tweaker that I need to change too (EventID handler = 2)?

Could I use an old "support.zip" to restore my DMS settings?

EDIT: Comparing the old and new Service.xml files (2.1.5.2 vs 2.1.7.2) shows that Eventid was set to 2, and that has done the trick.

Edited by Cian
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Again,

In another follow-up, I changed the layout of how I wanted the recorded files named, but this, and the EPG monitor for start/stop, has not filtered through to the "Record Series" option. I have done a search in the Config folder for one of the unwanted naming parameters, but it is not in the folder. Where could I change this for the Record Series option? Do Ineed to post a Support.Zip?

C.

22 hours ago, Cian said:

Where could I change this for the Record Series option?

Record Series (partly) uses the "Search EPG" default (provided it doesn't match an already existing search preset with the same name, which would let its settings take effect). The default for search actions or search presets is handled independently from the general settings. It is stored in the <Default> element of file searches.xml.

The default is what you see after changing from another page to "Search EPG". As long as the "Search For" and "Preset Name" fields are empty and no particular search preset is selected, you can

• click the Delete button to reset the EPG Search settings to the general timer defaults.
  • change the default settings.
  • click Save to save the reset/changed settings as new EPG Search default.