Terratec H7 and dvb-t2

zhmeerko

Greetings to all,

somewhere I read that with DVBViewer it is possible to watch dvb-t2 channels coded in hevc even if you don't have newer tv tuner card.

I have Terratec H7 card, bought 2012.

Probably I missunderstood something but who knows?

16 hours ago, zhmeerko said:

somewhere I read that with DVBViewer it is possible to watch dvb-t2 channels coded in hevc even if you don't have newer tv tuner card.

Watching TV with HEVC-coded video generally doesn't depend on the tuner card. It depends on the graphics card, or, if it doesn't support hardware-accelerated HEVC decoding, the CPU speed for software decoding.

16 hours ago, zhmeerko said:

I have Terratec H7 card, bought 2012.

Terratec is a reseller, that distributed different hardware under the name "H7". There is an old version (product ID 10A3) originating from AzureWave. AFAIK it is not capable of receiving DVB-T2, in contrast to a newer version originating from DVBSky (product ID 10A5). The product ID (PID) can be retrieved from the device manager -> device properties -> details tab.

However, even if a device is capable of receiving DVB-T2, it doesn't necessarily mean that it can receive all kinds of DVB-T2, because there are different versions. When DVB-T2 started in Germany, some older DVB-T2 tuners could not cope with it, because they did not support the latest version.

Anyway, you can just give it a try by using the DVBViewer Demo version. Please note that you may have to install the LAV Filters (32 bit version) for HEVC decoding.

Thanks Griga!That is what I have been thinking of but needed a confirmation. My H7 is the older one so I have to jump in to adventure of buying an other tv card.

I looked at Hauppauge and DigitalDevices solutions and would apreciate some recommendations and views at both.

I also looked at DVBSky solutions but on EBay found just few of them-not so new.