Old computer with GeForce Go 7300...

Manuela Linardi

Good morning,

I have recently purchased and installed DVBViewer Pro 7.X and I am VERY happy with it! My only problem is with the HD channels, which skip and flicker every so often, while the NON-HD channels are perfect. Is there a way to lower the settings or optimize something to allow my old computer to still allow me to watch TV, when the new format (HD/H.265/HEVC) will become the norm?

I only installed the proposed LAV Filters and I am using EVR Custom as Video Renderer...

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide! M

Are the HD channels using H.264 or HEVC video? See TV/Radio -> Channel Editor -> Select a HD channel -> Channel data on the right side.

GeForce Go 7300 supports hardware-accelerated decoding (DXVA) for H.264 video, but not for HEVC video.

Hardware acceleration can be activated on the property page of the LAV Video Decoder (see DVBViewer -> Settings -> Filters when the decoder is used). Select DXVA2 native, click OK and then Playback -> Rebuild Playback in DVBViewer for letting it take effect.

Thank you for your reply.

The current HDs are H.264, but the new standard that will take effect in 2022 will be HEVC Main10. The two test channels are visible.

I have implemented your suggestions and things are better, with a lot less flickering, expecially if I turn off DXVA Scaling in the EVR Custom Renderer settings.

With HEVC becoming the norm, do you think I will be able to keep using my old laptop or is it really time to change it?

Thank you!

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Manuela Linardi:

With HEVC becoming the norm, do you think I will be able to keep using my old laptop

If the CPU must do all the decoding, it depends on the CPU speed and the number of cores.

The LAV 32 Bit HEVC decoder does a pretty good job with hardware decoding, but is a slow software decoder. It may still be sufficient for HD with a CPU that is powerful enough, but for sure not for UHD (4k resolution). A faster alternative is the (chinese) Lentoid Decoder.

You must try... we can come back to this topic it in 2022 :)