No video is showing to be edited

Rodders289

Hi I have purchsed Video Editor and trying to edit a .ts file. The sound is there but no video is showing in the upper part of the edit screen. I have tried both the dark and light screen but no joy.

• 1 year later...

Same for me. Also, no thumbnails in the lower section.

TS file was recording of UK Freeview channels. All channels have the same issue.

I'm a long time user of DVBViewer Pro and Media Service, but upgraded my Video Editor plugin just a few minutes ago.

ffmpeg shows my TS file has the following streams:

Program 8385
    Stream #0:0[0x5dd]: Video: mpeg2video (Main) ([2][0][0][0] / 0x0002), yuv420p(tv, top first), 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x5de](eng): Audio: mp2 ([4][0][0][0] / 0x0004), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s

If I use ffmpeg to create one of the other supported file types, e.g. mpg, the thumbnails and video is present in the editor but the quality of the video is far lower than the source TS file.

And finally for today, I've found that if I save a cut from one of these TS files, the output TS files does include the video and audio - so the engine under the covers supports the video stream but the UI doesn't for some completely unknown reason. Although it's possible to cut the files based on audio alone, it will be very painful without seeing the frames as well!

Using ffmpeg to transcode to libx265, the following warnings are shown but the transcode still works:

[mpeg2video @ 0x5556cf149ec0] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
    Last message repeated 22 times
[mpegts @ 0x5556cf144e00] PES packet size mismatch

Perhaps these issues with the TS file are causing the video editor to not process the video stream?

These TS files were recorded from DVBViewer Media Server 3.0.1.0.