Moved Satellite tuner to new Windows 10 PC - but how to download full version of DBViewer & use my existing Key File on it?

JohnA

Good afternoon

As the Title says, I moved my satellite TV card (DVBSky S952) to a totally new Win 10 Pro (x64) PC and tried to download the full version of DBViewer and then enter my existing Keyfile to activate it  - however, all I can find to download is the Demo version, and that just appears to tell me to come to the website and buy ANOTHER Keyfile!

Therefore please could someone explain how to do the appropriate download and reinstall, and then the Keyfile activation?

Thanks in advance.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 5:16 PM, Griga said:

You can download the full version from https://www.DVBViewer.tv/members/

However, you need to enter the user name (= mail address) and password that you have received after buying DVBViewer. If you don't know them, launch KeyTool.exe in your old DVBViewer installation. It will display them.

Thanks, and I have logged in to that top-level members' page and then tried to track down the download for the setup.exe file for DVBViewer 7.0.0 - but, try as I did, I could not find it!!

Therefore, please could you give me a more explicit address where I can find that file?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

open in the startmenu DVBViewer - DVBViewer Pro Key Tool. There you can find the name of the keyfile (mostliy in the DVBViewer Program or Konfiuration directory) and your Installation Password.

Many Greetings

Webturtle

vor einer Stunde schrieb JohnA:

Thanks, and I have logged in to that top-level members' page and then tried to track down the download for the setup.exe file for DVBViewer 7.0.0 - but, try as I did, I could not find it!!

In members area, section "Main Application" click on the bold "DVBViewer Pro" where you see a image of a disc box with orange bottom left of it. And then download the file. Don't use any download manager, simply let the browser save the file.

53 minutes ago, Webturtle said:

Hello,

open in the startmenu DVBViewer - DVBViewer Pro Key Tool. There you can find the name of the keyfile (mostliy in the DVBViewer Program or Konfiuration directory) and your Installation Password.

Many Greetings

Webturtle

Thank but I am still "lost" - the ONLY download that I can find is the Demo version, and I can't see any reference to the "DVBViewer Pro Key Tool" in that. :(

Sorry but I am just going around in total circles here, and every time I try to get to the members' area I get directed to a "DVBViewer Customer area" - and that just hangs after I've entered the same email address and password that I used to log into this site in order to post these messages

Edited by JohnA

As Griga wrote above, the members area has its own credentials and DOESN'T WORK with the credentials of this forum. You need to enter the credentials of the DVBViewer license email or start Keytool on an existing installation to show the email address and password to login member area. If this is an email address you no longer use, this doesn't matter, still use it as login name.

40 minutes ago, HaraldL said:

As Griga wrote above, the members area has its own credentials and DOESN'T WORK with the credentials of this forum. You need to enter the credentials of the DVBViewer license email or start Keytool on an existing installation to show the email address and password to login member area. If this is an email address you no longer use, this doesn't matter, still use it as login name.

THANK YOU and I kinda understand, and have managed to open the Keytool on the installation on which DVBViewer was installed prevviously - and to identify the email address, password and Keyfile in question!

Having used the above, I then managed to finally log into the members's area, download, and then install, V7 and to activate that! :)

THANK YOU ALL again, and sorry if I was being a little "stupid" but if, like me, you don't use the App or this site fairly regularly, then it becomes difficult to understand what to do.

Good. Be sure to backup this login credentials and the *.dvbkey keyfile to one or better more locations (USB stick etc.) so you're not losing it on a system crash etc. DVBViewer is updated from time to time but not automatically, you need this login again to download newer versions from the member area.