DVBViewer locks recording made by DMS?

rco133

Hi.

Upgraded to DVBViewer 7.0.2 and DMS 3.0.2 the other day, and since then I have noticed that when a recording is done, meaning I have stopped the recording manually, I am not able to move the .ts file to another location. If I try to delete the .ts file, I am being told that I am not allowed to do that.

If I close DVBViewer I can delete the file just fine. I don't see whay closing DVBViewer should make any difference, since it has nothing to do with the recording. All timers have been made inside the DMS.

I am usually stopping the recording manually some minutes before the timer expires. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

In the "old" version of DVBViewer and DMS I didn't have this problem. I could move the .ts file to another device as soon as I had stopped the recording.

Something seems to have changed, so that something "locks" the .ts file.

Thanks in advance.

rco133

vor 44 Minuten schrieb rco133:

DVBViewer 7.0.2 and DMS 3.0.2

On the same PC? DVBViewer 7.0.2 acquires local recordings for timeshift, while the recorded channel is played, thus keeping the file opened, until you switch over to another channel, switch timeshift off or close DVBViewer.

Please read more about it here in the Timeshift section.

Thanks for the answer Griga.

The DVBViewer and the DMS are running on the same PC, but I don't understand how timeshift gets involved, since it is a recording that is done with the DMS, and have been set up through the DMS WEB interface.

I have never used timeshift as far as I know, so don't quite understand why it is suddenly involved in my DMS recordings. Maybe there is something I don't understand.

When I try to move the .ts file after I have ended the recoding in the DMS WEB interface I try to move it to a network  mount.

I will try to change channels next time. Its just kind of annoying compared to how it worked before :-)

rco133

vor 6 Stunden schrieb rco133:

I don't understand how timeshift gets involved, since it is a recording that is done with the DMS, and have been set up through the DMS WEB interface.

Never underestimate DVBViewer! It is fully informed about everything that you do :) At least if you have configured DVBViewer to work as Media Server client. See Options -> DVBViewer Media Server -> Enable support for the DVBViewer Media Server and (among other options) Connect to the server's timer list. It means, DMS timers can be viewed and controlled in the TV/Radio -> Timer Recordings window.

I have never used timeshift as far as I know, so don't quite understand why it is suddenly involved in my DMS recordings.

Automatic usage of recordings for timeshift was a feature request.

Its just kind of annoying compared to how it worked before ?

Simply buy another PC for running DVBViewer on it. It won't use recordings of a remote DMS for timeshift :)

Well, just kidding. Launch Tweaker.exe, set the "Use ongoing recordings for timeshift" tweak to 0 and be happy again.

Hint: After updating to a DVBViewer/DMS version with a new major version number (indicating possible conceptual changes), have a look at the release notes, if you don't want to be taken by surprise. See DVBViewer -> Help -> Release Notes and DMS -> Web Interface -> Links -> Release Notes.