Topic closed without answers...

Dakkar

To the forum moderators: why has this discussion been closed?

https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/59722-feeling-dissapointed/

I just asked some questions and din't get proper answers...

I have bought a license of DVBViewer, why should I not have the sw I have paied for?

And why are you talking about "personalised" downloads which I don't think it is the case???

I own a license of DVBViewer RS 1.33.2. Why should I not be entitled to have a copy of the installation file? Even if it is another user to provide it to me?

And why cannot be you to provide that file to me? Again, I paied for it, is it too bad for you to provide me something I have paied for????

And please, don't close this topic or ban me. I am not doing/writing anything against any rule.

Paolo

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Dakkar:

I own a license of DVBViewer RS 1.33.2.

No. Neither you nor anybody else had this. There never was a license available for RS. You have a license for DVBViewer Pro which should be still valid. You paid for DVBViewer Pro but not for RS.

The RS was a beta version which was available for free for a time period for DVBViewer Pro customers. This is no longer the case since the DMS was released as a full product.

If you like the software why not buy a license for DMS to support the development? It's not that expensive. You work for free?

The installers are definitely(!) personalized. If I would send you my old archived copy of the RS installer exe and you install it with your credentials it stops working a few seconds after start with a "user data error" or something. My installer, downloaded with my login only works with my credentials. Same for all DVBViewer Pro or DMS installers to the latest.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, HaraldL said:

The installers are definitely(!) personalized. If I would send you my old archived copy of the RS installer exe and you install it with your credentials it stops working a few seconds after start with a "user data error" or something. My installer, downloaded with my login only works with my credentials. Same for all DVBViewer Pro or DMS installers to the latest.

I don't think so. RS, if I remember correctly, didn't even ask for credential since it was a beta.

Anyhow, you know what: I am tired of having to beg you for something I think is in my rights and I have lost time enough having unpleasant coversations with you all.
I have just tried Mediaportal TV Server and I am very satisfied with it.

Good bye!!!

Correctly, RS didn't ask for credentials because it used the same per account as DVBViewer itself and used the already existing credentials (only working if DVBViewer and RS were both downloaded with the same login to members area, otherwise the RS shows a "user data error" even if you don't believe it).

But next time, regardless which software you use, think about making BACKUPS of your system, of license data, of installers etc. All your personalized setups of RS and DVBViewer have been stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Setups and would be present in a backup if you hade one. Maintaining a server without backups is like driving a car without seat belts, airbags and brakes and hoping nothing bad happens.