WinTV-unoHD USB tuner

j.puig

I've tried a WinTV-unoHD tuner but it is not found on Transedit and DVBViewer setup.

I see that on Devices manager it is installed under libusb-win32 devices.

Does anybody know how to make it work ?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb j.puig:

I've tried a WinTV-unoHD tuner but it is not found on Transedit and DVBViewer setup.

I've never heard of the unoHD before. There are no reports in DVBViewer forum that mention it. However, there are reports on Amazon saying it works well with DVBViewer.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb j.puig:

I see that on Devices manager it is installed under libusb-win32 devices.

That's strange. Usually DVB devices with BDA driver appear in the Sound, Video and Game Controller section. Where did you get the driver from?

I wouldn't believe amazon reports........

That's strange I thought too.... because all USB DVB tuners I've had always have gone to Video and Sound Controller section, on W10Pro64.

Driver has to be installed within wintv10 app.

Hauppauge DE Support | WinTV v10 für WinTV-unoHD Anwendung und Treiber-Paket

I'm sure it's no DVBViewer/transedit problem.

Just said here to know if anybody has had same problem.

libusb.jpg.95450716ed7c95982e6a721313792aeb.jpg

vor 56 Minuten schrieb j.puig:

I've discovered that this tuner is THE SAME ONE as Freenet.tv USB tuner.

It was supported till DVBViewer 6.1.7.2, that is still available in the "Older Versions" section of the download area. We have dropped the support in DVBViewer 7.0, assuming that only few people are still using it. It never was a blockbuster...

However, there is an option to reintroduce the support:

Am 13.12.2020 um 16:28 schrieb hackbart:
  • Added: Hardware: Plugin interface that allows to support new hardware (e.g. ATSC 3.0 devices) by adding a DLL.

• Removed: Hardware: Support for Freenet DVB-T2 USB devices. If still needed the support will be added again as plugin (see above).

I've informed Christian about the matter. We'll see...

• 2 months later...

Hi, just bought this USB Tuner from Amazon, but I have the same problem of j.puig, driver is under "libusb-win32 devices".

Is it supported in any way, maybe as a plugin?

Thanks

Antonello

No these sticks are not really Hauppauge devices. They are based on the freenet usb sticks and due to their arm capabilities there is no way for us to add them. We did so in the past but after they updated their firmware it stopped working.  

3 hours ago, hackbart said:

No these sticks are not really Hauppauge devices. They are based on the freenet usb sticks and due to their arm capabilities there is no way for us to add them. We did so in the past but after they updated their firmware it stopped working.  

Thanks, I have returned the USB Tuner to Amazon ?

Antonello