Missing information in recordings.

Bart Zorn

Hello,

I am using Kodi with the DVBViewer add-on. I have created a timer rule to record every episode of The Bold and the Beautiful (really!).

When a new timer is created as a result of this rule, or a new recording is started, the notification which appears on the screen reports the episode number information,

which apparently is present in the EPG info.

However, in the episode info which accompanies the completed recording, this info is missing, and therefore lost.

Is this the result of something I can configure or is there another reason?

TIA,

Bart

Please post the EPG info for such an episode, so I can see how it indicates the season and episode number .

Did you use the "Record Series" function for creating the timer or did you fill in the Series field for the timer manually?

Hello,

I did use the "Record Series" function to create the timer.

Please see attached screen shot. It contains the dutch version of the series.

I saw that the episode number is present in the EPG txt file, but it is not displayed along with the episode in Kodi.

Also, since we have an adult only house hold, I would like to seen the age ratings disappear!

Regards,

Bart

EPG.png

The screenshot doesn't show the information that I need to investigate the matter:

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Griga:

Please post the EPG info for such an episode, so I can see how it indicates the season and episode number .

Please read more carefully and attach the EPG Info (txt) file.

Now I can see the problem. The DMS doesn't recognize "S35 E8465" in the subheading as "Season Episode" pattern due to the blank in between.

The patterns are defined in the file EpisodeSearchPresets.txt in the config subdirectory of the configuration folder. The entry closest to the one that you need is

;S01E01 season and episode
s\d+e\d+? ! SE ! TSD ! +

The part in the second line up to the first exclamation mark is a regular expression (regex), a very powerful, but also complicated way of defining search criterias. The meaning of the rest is explained in the comments at the top of EpisodeSearchPresets.txt.

For your purpose the entry must be changed to

;S01E01 season and episode
s\d+ ?e\d+? ! SE ! TSD ! +

The blank and the question mark that I've inserted after d+ mean "zero or one blank".

Please use a text editor (Notepad) to change EpisodeSearchPresets.txt as shown above.  After saving the changes stop and restart the DMS, and please report here if it works for future series recordings. I can't test it.

You can manually add the season and episode number to already existing recordings by clicking the pencil icon that appears on mouse over on the Recordings page of the Web Interface.

OK, thanks!

Does this change mean that the usual S01E01 format is not recognized anymore? Or is the regular expression flexible enough to ignore the space character?

Ah, again I should have read more carefully. Question answered!

Many thanks,

Bart

Edited by Bart Zorn
I should have read more carefully!