Updating existing channels as a task

bccrew

I don't really found a nice way besides doing this manually but my ISP likes to change Audio and Video PID's once in a while. This results in failed scheduled recordings sometimes. It would be nice to be able to have a channel update scan task that I could run every x nights.

image.png.c31d6a7dced53e85083f83ce4eaa2c14.png

I have a mixed channel list with both DVBC and DVBS channels and it would come in handy if I could just only rescan my current channel list to speed up the update scan. So only scanning the frequencies that are currently in my channel list.

What do you think about this?

PS: I know tuning into a channel would also trigger an update to the DMS but I don't really watch every channel that often..

vor 4 Stunden schrieb bccrew:

my ISP likes to change Audio and Video PID's once in a while.

Shouldn't be a problem because DVBViewer/DMS update the channel data anyway on recording and playback start by reading the broadcasted PAT/PMT (resembling a selective channel scan), provided you didn't switch it off by ticking "Don't update automatically" for the channel in question in the Channel Editor. However, the automatic update may fail if the Service ID in your channel list is wrong, because it is the anchor for everything else.

This results in failed scheduled recordings sometimes.

If your recordings tend to fail, you should activate Options -> Recordings -> Write log file. If things go wrong, you should check the log and attach it here. Otherwise it comes down to (useless) blind guessing.

It would be nice to be able to have a channel update scan task that I could run every x nights.

Doesn't make sense. See above.