Black screen on all TV channels on both DVBViewer Pro and DVBViewer Media Server

Flemming Frandsen

I bought "the full package" of DVBViewer software a month ago and everything has worked fantastically since then. But then suddenly this weekend NO channels will stream. It has to be said that I can play the channels with TVMosaic and other DVB->IP TV players (I use an Octopus Net with 8 tuners). It's only a problem with DVBViewer Media Server and DVBViewer directly. I can see the EPG in Web Mode but nothing shows when I want to play a channel. I am not aware of making any changes in the setup (at least not anything I thought had any effect) but I did try some different things when nothing worked from an external IP-address (where I opened the port in my router for DVBViewer Media Server).

It's probably a stupid "Fault-40" error but I'm a newbie and think I have tried everything to solve the problem - but I'm not able to do it!
Thanks in advance for any help you can supply!

support.zip

Zitat

Public Firewall Profile is active

Your PC (particularly the Windows firewall) is configured for a public network, where everything that comes in may be evil and is handled very restrictively. It should be configured for a private network. The DVBViewer & DMS installers add some necessary entries to the firewall, but they are only valid for a private network.

So please check your network and firewall settings and configure them appropriately.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Flemming Frandsen:

Thanks a lot - how this happened I just don't know - maybe a Windows 10 update triggered it?!

Mostly by replacing the default internet gateway (usually the router). Windows detects the new internet connection by a changed MAC address even if the new router has the same IP address and settings and asks once(!) if you allow that your computer can be searched by other devices on this network. If you say "no" (or simply ignore the question  then it disappears) it has happened.

So every time a new router is installed the question pops up on every Windows computer in your network and you have one short option to answer it "yes". Otherwise your have to change it manually afterwards.