I can't use USALS

saro_ironi

Generally a motor can't be controlled when using Unicable.

The old Unicable 1 standard EN 50494 supports up to 4 satellite positions (Pos/Opt commands, DiSEqC 1.0), the new Unicable 2 standard EN 50607 (JESS) up to 64 satellite positions (DiSEqC 1.1). But there is no Unicable version that supports DiSEqC 1.2 motor control.

Unicable itself requires special DiSEqC commands for controlling the Unicable LNB/Router. Commands for controlling a DiSEqC switch must be transformed by the application so the desired satellite position can be coded within the Unicable command. The Unicable specifications describe how it must be done. But there is no specification that allows to embed motor control in the Unicable DiSEqC commands.

Sorry, simply not possible...

Thanks for your response Griga

I have a Dreambox two device that connected to the same Unicable II LNB through the same Unicable II splitter and working in USALS mode fine. If Unicable doesn’t support DiSEqC 1.2 motor control, how is it working fine with the same installation?

Who knows.... I don't have such equipment, so I can't try. I've searched for Unicable & USALS it in the web, but "doesn't work" is the only information that I've found, e.g. in this German Dreambox forum.

Maybe your Dreambox kind of serializes the Unicable and motor DiSEqC commands and sends them one after the other. However, I've never heard of it before. If you can find other/more information about it, please let me know.

Something you can try: Don't configure DVBViewer for Unicable, but the Digital Devices driver. This will let DVBViewer pass the USALS commands to the driver. Maybe it has some way of handling it...

After some more researches: The matter has already been discussed 2013 in a German thread. The important part for you is a statement from Digital Devices about motor commands in Unicable systems, that I got via e-mail.

The driver simply passes motor DiSEqC commands (received from DVBViewer) on. So in theory the motor should move. However, there is a drawback. In a Unicable system all DiSEqC commands (particularly the Unicable commands) must be sent with elevated voltage (18 V), while other connected tuners are at 14 V. Otherwise the signal may not arrive reliably. This is not handled for motor commands by the DD driver. It wasn't at least in 2013.

This means, it will probably work if Unicable is handled by the DD driver (not by DVBViewer) and only one tuner provides a LNB voltage, so that even a motor command sent with 14 V will work reliably. Other connected tuners should switch the voltage off. DVB cards usually do this while they are unused.

I don't know how DD drivers handle it nowadays (I could ask if necessary), so it is up to you to try...