"Record the stream" option in Playback/Open URL…

RomanSin

Could you add to Playback/Open URL… window a tickbox "Record the stream"? It would be very convenient for automatic joining hundreds of .ts files in m3u playlist into a single recording.

It's already possible in DVBViewer 7.x. It works with HLS (.m3u8), MPEG Dash (.mpd) and other formats like MP4. Just start playback of the stream and click the record button:

Am 13.12.2020 um 16:28 schrieb hackbart:
  • Added: Recorder: If the currently played file is referenced by an URL and not located on the local hard disk, it can be downloaded by clicking the red record button. This particularly applies to HbbTV videos from media libraries (HbbTV add-on required). Basically DVBViewer handles the download like a normal recording:

• The progress can be viewed in the Recording Statistics Window.

• The file is named according to the user defined scheme (as far as possible without EPG) and stored in a recording directory

• The download is included in the recording database and listed as recording.

Since the download is performed independently from playback, it will usually be finished before playback is completed. The feature also applies to files that have been added as channel list entries (see “Channel List” section). This allows to schedule the download by creating a timer recording. It stops when the download is finished, or at the latest when the end time is reached.

Please note that stopping playback after the download has been started may accelerate it considerably, since double bandwidth usage is avoided in this way.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:22 AM, Griga said:

It's already possible in DVBViewer 7.x. It works with HLS (.m3u8), MPEG Dash (.mpd) and other formats like MP4. Just start playback of the stream and click the record button

I know it and use it but in this case I can't be sure that I record exactly from the beginning since it takes time (less than a second but any way) to press the Record button after submitting a link. A tickbox makes clear that the recording will be full.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb RomanSin:

but in this case I can't be sure that I record exactly from the beginning since it takes time (less than a second but any way) to press the Record button after submitting a link.

You can be sure.

Am 17.4.2021 um 07:22 schrieb Griga:

Since the download is performed independently from playback....

DVBViewer always downloads the whole file, no matter when the download is started.