Video Editor .mkv ffmpeg transcode

alexdonc

Hi all. I hope I'm not really bothering someone with stupid questions. But here is my problem.

Since PLEX doesn't know how to handle correctly .ts files, I needed a simple solution to edit / reencode the .ts edited files. I hoped DVBViewer Video Editor can handle it quite nice.... But it seems it's not really that easy...

Normally the cutting tool of choice for me it was Smart Cutter for DV and DVB - witch is fast and reliable. After that all I had to do was to change the container format for the .ts video into .mkv for PLEX to understand. But it was not easy. By simply using MKVtoolnix the output file is still not usable for PLEX even though locally you can play with any video player. So I ended up using another tool witch does the job. And that was: HandBrake.

Now by default, the ffmpeg syntax in DVBViewer Video Editor is something like this: -vcodec libx264 -preset medium -crf 0 -acodec copy

Now I wonder if I use something like: 

ffmpeg -i -vcodec copy -sameq -acodec copy -f matroska output.mkv it would work...

Or maybe another syntax would be more appropriate.

Thanks a lot. 

The DVBViewer Media Server uses the following FFmpeg commandline for transcoding recordings to .mkv (with two placeholders in curly brackets for the filenames):

-i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -map 0:v -vcodec copy -map 0:a? -c:a aac "{PATH_FILENAME}.mkv"

...at least, if video is H.264 or HEVC. MPEG2 video is transcoded to H.264 with a special command line.

OK. But I do not recognize the syntax at all...

Should I simply modify to:

-i -vcodec libx524 copy -map 0:a? -c:a aac

Somehow the  {SOURCE_FILE} and  {PATH_FILENAME}.mkv are automatically handled by the application itself....

I don't get it....

Thanks.

syntax_codec.JPG

5 hours ago, Griga said:

The DVBViewer Media Server uses the following FFmpeg commandline for transcoding recordings to .mkv (with two placeholders in curly brackets for the filenames):

-i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -map 0:v -vcodec copy -map 0:a? -c:a aac "{PATH_FILENAME}.mkv"

In fact you are talking about something else - DVB Media Server .... I am talking about DVBViewer Video Editor

dvb_rec_syntax.JPG

Edited by alexdonc

Helllo,

you could look there: https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61605-ffmpeg-per-batch-datei-starten/?tab=comments#comment-475539

Sir drage has posted there a batch-file, which you can place on the desktop an drop the files for conversion on it. There are examples for mkv too.  You could also see the correct Syntax for  mkv in this thread.

I'm using it frequently for conversion of HEVC H.265 recordings to Mpeg.

Many greetings

Webturtle