DvbViewer Freezes

dirkliesenfeld

I am using DVBViewer 2.3 beta with the technisat usb-box (Satellite)

From time to time the prog will freeze, actually not the prog, but the tv-picture. This happens on some channels, especially when there is poor receiption and it will happen sometimes, when the processorload is high, because enother program does some calculation or the like.

If I switch to another channel, it will switch, but still will display black and no sound. BUT when I switch to an audio-channel and then back to a tv-channel it will work again. Same thing if I playback an .mpg and then switch back to a tv-channel.

Any Ideas? I have deactivated the speedstep but I am running Speedswitch XP on an 1.7 Celeron with 1Gig RAM on an WUXGA-Display.

Greetings,

Dirk.

BUT when I switch to an audio-channel and then back to a tv-channel it will work again.

...which means, there is something interfering with the DVBViewer's fast channel switching in an unhealthy way. Switch it off in the options, in order to let a "Rebuild Graph" take place when you switch over to a channel. That will solve the problem.

However, I'd try different decoders first, especially a different video decoder. Are you using InterVideo? Or is FFDShow part of your filter graph?

...which means, there is something interfering with the DVBViewer's fast channel switching in an unhealthy way. Switch it off in the options, in order to let a "Rebuild Graph" take place when you switch over to a channel. That will solve the problem.

--> I did that but it still freezes under heavy processorload. But now I can unfreeze it by simply changing the channel. So - a little improvement there.

Still, e.g. when I am doing a recording and start an application, then I will have to end the recording, switch the channel, switch back and restart the recording.

The decoder was set to "Auto" which was prolly Nero. So I changed it to cyberlink power dvd aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it works!

I will keep on watchin it, but it seems to work fine.

Thnx a lot!!

Dirk.