Looking for a setting

Stephaen

Hi all,

When I switch to another channel in DVBViewer Pro, EPG data are shown at the bottom of the window. How can I disable showing this data? If not possible to disable, how can I reduce the time they are shown?

Thanks for your help,

• 1 month later...

Well, the setting works when I switch to another channel using the “channel list pop-up window” in DVBViewer but it doesn’t work if I switch the channel using a “favourite” keyboard shortcut like “SHIFT 1”, “SHIFT 2”, “SHIFT 3”, etc. (but it however works when using the “PgUp” and “PgDown” shortcuts).

So, how to make the setting work in all cases?

Or is it a DVBViewer Pro bug?

BTW, the default “SHIFT 0” shortcut doesn’t work correctly, it doesn’t select 1st favourite channel (that is done by “SHIFT 1”) or the 10th favourite channel; it instead selects the last previous channel (like the “Back” key shortcut).

1 hour ago, Stephaen said:

the setting works when I switch to another channel using the “channel list pop-up window” in DVBViewer but it doesn’t work if I switch the channel using a “favourite” keyboard shortcut like “SHIFT 1”, “SHIFT 2”, “SHIFT 3”,

It's no bug, it's a feature :)When receiving numeric keys, DVBViewer waits a certain time for the next digit. During this time it shows which channel will be selected if no more digits follow, thus giving feedback about the current state. This is intended. The only way to switch the display off is setting "Options -> TV/Radio -> Channel number input switching delay" to 0. However, after that you can only switch to channel 1...9 by using numeric keys. Channel numbers with two or more digits are not selectable anymore.

1 hour ago, Stephaen said:

BTW, the default “SHIFT 0” shortcut doesn’t work correctly, it doesn’t select 1st favourite channel (that is done by “SHIFT 1”) or the 10th favourite channel; it instead selects the last previous channel (like the “Back” key shortcut).

It works correctly, because it is intended to work in this way. Entering 0 as first digit doesn't make sense if the first channel number is 1. However, you can use the tweak "One based channel and favourites numbering" to configure a zero based numbering (-> launch Tweaker.exe).