Limit number of recordings for a series

oajungen

Hi,

I have been looking for a option to limit the number of recordings for a particular recording serie.

So if I records for example a daily news program, I only want to keep the last 5 recordings. So if I new recording is made when the total is already 5 (example) the oldest recordings (nr. 6) is deleted when the current recordings is ready,

Is this possible? Can't find this options, but I used this when using TVMosaic and really liked this one ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to be able to limit the number of recordings for certain series. Can this be made possible please?
So let's say to a number of 5. If records 6 is finished, the oldest is deleted automatically.

Regards, Olaf.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, oajungen said:

Can this be made possible please?

No. At least not in the short-term. It would require a lot of additional code, and there is only one request for it up to now. So the benefit / cost ratio is quite bad.

The job could be performed by an external After-Recording-Task, e.g. a script that is automatically launched after each recording and uses the Media Server API for getting information about the recent recording, whether it is a series recording or not, how many of these recordings already exist etc. However, this requires a developer who is willing to do dedicate his/her time to it...