DVBViewer PVR Add-On allows only one Kodi viewer per DMS?

EditBear

I cannot watch more than one satellite channel simultaneously using Kodi, but I can watch two channels at a time using two DVBViewer pro.

Either computer using Kodi will show me any channel, but when I try and watch on the second Kodi, I get this message (see picture)

I have posted this problem in a Kodi forum, but I raise it again here as it involves the Kodi add-on interfacing with the DMS.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363583&pid=3049620#pid3049620

I am a new and finding it very difficult to get things working, so any help would be much appreciated!

One ormore items failed to play.JPG

40 minutes ago, EditBear said:

I cannot watch more than one satellite channel simultaneously using Kodi, but I can watch two channels at a time using two DVBViewer pro.

Either computer using Kodi will show me any channel, but when I try and watch on the second Kodi, I get this message (see picture)

I have posted this problem in a Kodi forum, but I raise it again here as it involves the Kodi add-on interfacing with the DMS.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363583&pid=3049620#pid3049620

I am a new and finding it very difficult to get things working, so any help would be much appreciated!

One ormore items failed to play.JPG

I have attached the DMS log file (the Kodi log file is in the Kodi thread)

support.zip

Do you own a license for the full DMS Media Server or are you using the free restricted Basic DMS version (which would explain it I think). If using full DMS you should post a

support.zip created according to the description in debug mode.

2 hours ago, EditBear said:

I did post a support.zip ? but here it is again;-

@HaraldL couldn't see your second post because it had to be approved by a moderator before becoming visible (spam protection - you are a new forum member and the post contains links).

6 hours ago, EditBear said:

Possibly because you have configured the PVR add-ons in both Kodi instances for transcoded streaming. Why did you do it? It's TS -> TS transcoding, as far as I can see, that only makes sense for lowering the data rate due to a limited network bandwidth.

Since transcoding requires quite a lot of CPU power, the DMS follows a "only one transcoded stream per client" policy: If client A receives a transcoded stream of channel A, and client B with the same IP address and user agent string wants a transcoded stream of channel B, the DMS regards them as a single client that performs channel switching, and closes stream A before delivering stream B.

This behaviour can be circumvented by giving each stream a unique stream ID in the URL Parameter input line of the the PVR configuration, e.g. streamid=1 in the first Kodi instance and streamid=2 in the second Kodi instance. Please read more about parameters for transcoded streaming in C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\docs\transcoding_params_en.txt.

P.S. In the Kodi forum you have written "I want to use Kodi with the DVBViewer Client PVR Add-on in multiple rooms, but I can only watch TV on one Kodi at a time?" However, all Kodi requests for transcoded streams in the svcdebug.log originate from the same IP address 192.168.1.121. How is this possible?

PROBLEM Solved!

Thank you @Griga for your help, but in the end the solution was simple (as it usually is).

I came to Kodi from MediaPortal - this coloured my thinking.

In Mediaportal, the Timeshift folder is set by the TV server software and is COMMON to ALL Tuners and ALL Clients.

With this in mind, I made a Timeshift folder on the headless computer running the DMS software.

I then set each Kodi client to use this common folder - THIS WAS MY BIG MISTAKE!

When I made a separate Timeshift folder on each individual Client computer - the problem went away! - I can watch TV on many Kodi at at time now!