DVB Portal TV Viewer

crypto

Hi,

I have coded a new program for SkyStar 2 cards. Check it out at: http://www.dvbportal.de

Features:

- a slick user interface

- resembles Media Player look and feel

- very fast channel navigation

- very fast channel switching

- time shifting (not yet)

- AC3 sound (not yet)

- a small memory footprint

- skinning

- not based on Internet Explorer

- Server4PC not used and not needed

Eingefügtes Bild

Any comments are welcome

It is ment as a replacement for TV4PC, which is really sluggish. You are right, as a DVBViewer power user you don't need it, but you may like it :rolleyes: I hope that many users create new designs. Thus it may develop as a new playground.

Hi crypto... I tried out your program and it's alright man. It obviously needs more features but the idea is quite good. ;) The picture quality is impressive. Still going to use the full version of DVBViewer though. :rolleyes: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2003

Competition promotes progress  :rolleyes:

Griga

Happy new year to all !!!

Don't know how the graph is build by dvbportal but i have under xp 15% less cpu usage than DVBViewer.

I tried P7 and ZDF and goes down to 80% with p400.

How can i influence the graph used by DVBViewer to have same cpu usage?

It seems to come from the overlaymixer,but if i use unchanged my picture freezes.

If i build a normal graph with graphedit ,i have excellent picture without overlay.

Greetings

Flepp

@all

Thanks for the tremendous feedback. An improved version will soon be available. I keep you informed.

@kardzali

Yeah, the picture quality is great., but that's not my merit. I use Marfi's filter with his kind permission. The merit belongs to him.

@hackbart

Thanks for your nice comment on a competing viewer :rolleyes: It is not a real competition yet. Your viewer has an enormous set of functions. Now I really can imagine the work you have put in it. You did an extremly good job.

@Flepp

I am using the default graph. The next version will have a remote graph interface. When DVB Portal is running, you can connect to it using graphedit and see, what is going on. May be this information can be used by hackbart to steer the graph builder in the right direction.

Off-Topic:

I had the problem that DvbPortal and WinSTB both crashed on start. After disabling TinyPersonal Firewall both programms work :-)

Schau mal ob der Port 45762 freigegeben ist. Das ist der Port wo TV4PC auf dem localhost empfangen werden konnte. Vielleicht gibt es hier auch einen Zusammenhang.

Hi,

I just got a new version of marfis filter. This has the data callback issue fixed. This is currently not important for dvbportal, but I think WinSTB needs it :rolleyes: . Download it from marfis home page, or wait for my next release.

Schau mal ob der Port 45762 freigegeben ist. Das ist der Port wo TV4PC auf dem localhost empfangen werden konnte. Vielleicht gibt es hier auch einen Zusammenhang.

The firewall shouldn't block local ports and no ports within my local subnet.

btw: both programmes crashed in kernel32.dll (i think). After disabling the firewall it works as it should

sorry my german awnser above.

plubsi had also problems with his firewall. But he had the problems with the PVRtool. here

Maybe he can help you

Thank you for your answer Klausing, sorry for writing back in english. I did it only because the thread started English (I am from Austria :-)).

I can stop the firewall when i want to watch, it doesn't matter if it's running or not ...

btw i disabled the sandbox ... my firewall only blocks in- and outgoing connections

-----------------------------

Hallo Klausing, danke für deine Antwort. Ich muss mich entschuldigen, dass ich auf Englisch zurückgeschrieben habe (bin aus Österreich :-)). War nur, weil es ein englischer Thread ist.

Ich kann die Firewall stoppen wenn ich mit der Skystar TV schauen will; es ist relativ egal, ob sie läuft oder nicht.

Aja: ich habe bei mir die Sandbox ausgeschaltet ... die Firewall blockt nur mehr ein- und ausgehende Verbindungen

:rolleyes: mkon

DVB Portal Version 0.81 is just released:

Multi satellite issue solved, favorite list added, support for GraphEdit added, single select in channel list added (uses system setting), DB\Epg.mdb added, normaly not used, but on computers with no TV4PC used, new SkyAVC.ax Ver. 1.0.1.151 added, significantly less cpu usage.

DVB Portal 0.85 Beta ready for download:

- Stream recording added

- channel editor added (currently readonly)

- status display added

- new SkyAVC.ax Ver. 1.0.2.1655 added

hey crypto you make realy good advancements! Can you please post a little description how i can put a tvstation in to my Favorites?

And can you use a language file? People could make a translation ( i could make the german version ;) ) Why you use a password for the database? If i want to open it in ACCESS in need it. :rolleyes:

cheers

Steffen

Hi Klausing,

everything, including the favorites, is read from the original database. If you have defined favorites in TV4PC, then dvbportal will display them. BTW, the database password has not been applied by me. The answer is here.

--

crypto

• 2 weeks later...

DVB Portal 0.90 Beta ready for download

Changes:

- Disorted audio issue on mono channels (Mickey Mouse Voice) solved

- rebuild graph command added, status display for stream parameters added

- new SkyAVC.ax Ver. 1.0.2.1730 added

- Player controls are functional now

- audio mixer is functional now

- mouse cursor is hidden in full screen playback

- maximized mode added (uses full player window)

- keyboard interface added

- status display for channel names and stream parameters added

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

DVB Portal 0.95 Beta ready for download

Changes:

- Non-standard LNBs are now supported using LOF1, LOF2 and LOFsw

- mouse interface slightly changed

- Plugins are now supported

- recorded TS has the first 4 audio tracks MPEG and AC3 included, all perfectly synchronous

- video rendering can be switched off to lower the CPU use during recording

- EPG (via plugin)

- MP3 Radio (via plugin)

Enjoy!

--

http://www.dvbportal.de