I am not being able to open the DVBViewer Media Server 3.0 web interface outside the server net (intranet) eventhough the 8089 port is open

J Julio F Leite - Cajoni - P e Q Comercial Ltda.

I am not being able to open the DVBViewer server 3.0 web interface outside the server net (intranet) eventhough the 8089 port is open

Access is restricted by default to the local subnet for security reasons. There is a setting in the DMS config Web/UPnP -> Web Settings (I hope it's translated so in English) to allow access from Internet. Be sure to secure the access by setting a good password.

Zwischenablage01.png

After allowing access from internet, either the browser that shall play the HLS stream will ask for username and password, or you have to use a URL that contains username and password, e.g. http://username:password@[IP]:8089/....

There is also a tweak that enables access outside the subnet without password (more about it on demand), but it's dangerous to do it in this way from internet.