DVBViewer-Pro

MrDish

Start a new Topic.

I don't get it anymore.
I bought the latest Pro version yesterday (05-09-2021) and installed it today (06-09-2021).
Did everything that needed to be done and finished.
Well? A problem.
When I start the Program, I go to ;
Settings / options / DVBViewer / active support DVB devices.
A message comes up:
Configure Unicast DVB Device.
I have a TBS 5927 DVBS-S2 professional.
Nothing works 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

When I start the Program, I go to ;
Settings / options / DVBViewer / active support DVB devices.
A message comes up:
Configure Unicast DVB Device.

I have no idea what you are doing. There is no "DVBViewer / active support DVB device" item in the DVBViever options, and no "Configure Unicast DVB Device" message in the current DVBViewer version. If you see it again, please post a screenshot.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

i will post a picture / photo.

I can see the problem. The Dutch language file is completely out-dated. It uses terms for things that are not present in DVBViewer anymore since many years.

Updating it would require a Dutch user who also speaks English. Unfortunately we cannot do it. The English and German language files are maintained by us. Everything else for other countries requires user activity, as you can see here.

Generally I would say you should first get used to DVBViewer, before you start using the DVBViewer Media Server and related settings in DVBViewer. It seems to be a bit too much for your current level of understanding.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

And wheir can i find the Satelliet`s and Transponders.

i have (i belief) 1 (19.2) Astra ,and my  Dish is looking at 13.0 E (Hot-birds)

TV/Radio -> Reception Settings / Channel Search ->  Available Reception Types -> Select DVB-S -> Select the transponder list for Hotbird on the right side -> Load Channel List or Scan.

Okay ,
but did you, or do you assume, if you buy the latest version of that program 
it'll do what it's supposed to do.
I installed everything through (links) that Webturtle gave me.
Installationsanleitung-DVBViewer.
And Installing-DVBViewer.
I took pictures of everything during installation using the (links).
So what can go wrong?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

How do I put them in TransEdit 4.2.4.1?

In TransEdit -> Info -> Configuration Folder (opens an Explorer window) -> store the transponder list in the Transponders sub-directory -> Restart TransEdit. You should now see the the new transponder list on the left side of the TransEdit main window.

Please note that satellite transponder lists for major European satellite positions (Astra 19/23/28° East and Hotbird 13° East) have already been installed with DVBViewer. If you have stored TransEdit.exe correctly in the DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is), all that you need should already be there:

Zwischenablage02.png

Hello ,

sorry but I don't get this ;

TransEdit.exe correctly saved in the DVBViewer program folder (where DVBViewer.exe is located

they are both in the same folder.
In the DVBViewer (folder)

How do I do that then,merge of ;
TransEdit.exe & DVBViewer.exe
Thank you

This looks correct to me. So what is the problem now? Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem?

Unfortunately your screenshots are very bad. Obviously you are making them with a camera. This is no good idea. You need to learn, how to make proper screenshots in Windows.

If you press Alt + Print Screen on your keybord, Windows copies a picture of the active (foreground) window to the Windows clipboard. Print Screen without Alt copies the whole screen (see here). From there you can paste the picture into graphics software, for example MS Paint, which is part of Windows. After pasting the picture, you can let the graphcs software save it as .png or .jpg and add it to your post in this forum.

379818763_fotoTransEdit4.2.4.1.jpg.4bd3002d46e526f4fb895b6da151d2d6.jpgsorry about the pictures.
I made a screenshot.
What do I do with the list that is already in there .
Denmark, Germany, Austria.
Living in the Netherlands.
Does TransEdit create a new list for Europe or what?

Am 10.9.2021 um 09:39 schrieb MrDish:

I made a screenshot

If you only want to show one window, better user Alt + Print Screen for copying the picture. The whole screen is too much in this case.

Am 10.9.2021 um 09:39 schrieb MrDish:

What do I do with the list that is already in there .
Denmark, Germany, Austria.

Ignore them. They are for cable or terrestrial reception. Only the satellite lists are relevant for you.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

Are those ini files,or what.

Transponder lists are stored in INI files. TransEdit is a transponder list editor. It can be used to change transponder lists or create new ones. Please read the manual.

And where do I get those files from .

They are already there, because they are installed with DVBViewer, particularly a transponder list for Hotbird. What else do you need?

This is my transponder list

Bad screenshot. Too small, not readable.

Am 6.9.2021 um 22:48 schrieb MrDish:

And wheir can i find the Satelliet`s and Transponders.

i have (i belief) 1 (19.2) Astra ,and my  Dish is looking at 13.0 E (Hot-birds)

The descripition of your dish configuration is not quite unambiguous understandable.

Do you have an fixed dish with Multifeed-Antenna with 2 or more LNBs (Astra 19.2 an Hotbird 13.0 ?) and DiSEqC-switch

vor 5 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

What else do you need?

Excuse me!?
There's more to see than just Hotbirds.

or an moveable dish with rotor per DiSEqC or USALS or something else "to see more than just Hotbirds" ?

Please give more precise and complete information to receive additional help.

vor einer Stunde schrieb MrDish:

And where do I get those files from .
And how do I save them to the transponder list.

Mvg

you wrote

Am 7.9.2021 um 13:51 schrieb MrDish:

Downloaded Transponders from FastSatFinder.com.

Unzip the downloaded "DVBViewer_Satellite_Transponders.exe" - i am using 7-zip for this - 7-zip will show you the file-extensions per default

(if you are not familar with activating the option to show the file extensions in windows explorer)

copy and paste the needed unzipped ini-files like Griga told you

Am 8.9.2021 um 12:13 schrieb Griga:

In TransEdit -> Info -> Configuration Folder (opens an Explorer window) -> store the transponder list in the Transponders sub-directory -> Restart TransEdit. You should now see the the new transponder list on the left side of the TransEdit main window.

If you are not familiar with the files from FastSatFinder.com you can download the most important european transponderlists for DVBViewer from this source

https://www.satindex.de/tp-export-DVBViewer.php

another source for ini-files is

https://de.kingofsat.net/  but I think these files are not specialy edited for use with DVBViewer

Sorry,but I don't understand anything about this program.
I have another program, DVBDream
I'm looking for 19.2 Astra,I open it,scan it.Finished scanning,click Okay.
Choose a station ; picture.

But I want to know how this program works and want to learn it

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MrDish:

Sorry,but I don't understand anything about this program.
I have another program, DVBDream
I'm looking for 19.2 Astra,I open it,scan it.Finished scanning,click Okay.
Choose a station ; picture.

But I want to know how this program works and want to learn it

Griga told you what to do, if you want to learn how it works:

Am 12.9.2021 um 09:18 schrieb Griga:

Please read the manual.

Look in the section "Edit Commands" in Transedit-Manual

- If you hover over the buttons, you will see a short explanaition of the command

- Additionally the most important edit and scan commands are available in a context menu. Open it by right-clicking the list of transponders on the right.

- If you dont want to RTFM, you have the option to learn just by playing with the commands with trial and error.

Maybe Interestting for you is the section "Up-To-Date Transponder Lists - How and Where?"

If you want to learn more, have a look in the DVBViewerPro-Manual

https://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Manual_DVBViewer_Pro

• 3 weeks later...