any way to reduce quality so to get live broadcast?

lyrko somalian

Hello,

TV programs are shown and recorded by the DVBViewer as it receives them from the broadcaster, i.e. in the same quality. Even recoding would probably not save time, but only delay.

The only way you could possibly achieve something is, in my opinion, the Playback Components (Menu - Settings - Options - Playback Components). There you could try with the settings for codecs and renderers, whether you have less delay.

Many greetings

Webturtle

On 9/9/2021 at 11:19 PM, Webturtle said:

Hello,

TV programs are shown and recorded by the DVBViewer as it receives them from the broadcaster, i.e. in the same quality. Even recoding would probably not save time, but only delay.

The only way you could possibly achieve something is, in my opinion, the Playback Components (Menu - Settings - Options - Playback Components). There you could try with the settings for codecs and renderers, whether you have less delay.

Many greetings

Webturtle

thank you for the advice, i will try it out

Hi there,

I don't know if there is much time to be gained. Digital television always has a certain time lag.

When there was still analog satellite television, it was generally much faster than digital terrestrial television DVB-T. During a football broadcast, you could hear the cheers or groans of satellite viewers when shooting from the penalty spot before you even saw the penalty shot on DVB-T.

The NDR, a German regional broadcaster, has the bingo show. It is a broadcast under a state lottery. Participants who have a bingo on their participation ticket can call there and choose a prize from a matrix in the form of a bingo field. Depending on the way in which you are watching (DVB-S, DVB-T2 HD, IPTV) it will take a different amount of time before you can see the board with the winnings at home. It can take 15 seconds.

In spite of everything, good luck with your attempts!

Many greetings

Webturtle

Hi there,

I forgot to mention that you should definitely try the LAV filters if you haven't already installed them.

The DVBViewer works very well with it. You can download it here: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

Just download and install the installer. If any questions occur,  just wave them through.

Many greetings

Webturtle