Italian language - DVBViewer

AndreaB

Hi.

I start a new topic to differentiate it from the server (next step).

Attached is the file with the translation of DVBViewer 7.1.2.1 in Italian.

Since I have been updating the translation for a few years now, it would be nice if my name is in the Credits ... ?

Ciao,

Andrea

DVBViewer-7_1_2_1-IT.zip

3 hours ago, AndreaB said:

Attached is the file with the translation of DVBViewer 7.1.2.1 in Italian.

Thanks for your contribution :)

3 hours ago, AndreaB said:

it would be nice if my name is in the Credits

Done.

23 hours ago, Griga said:

Thanks for your contribution :)

In order for a new version to come out with the updated translation, is it not possible to access the beta versions?

Ciao,

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

In order for a new version to come out with the updated translation, is it not possible to access the beta versions?

Whenever we write about improving the DVBViewer translation process (improvements LngEditor.exe, access to the beta program, etc.)... we get no response. ? 

From what I see, the translation of DVBViewer into other languages is certainly not at the top of your priorities. ?

Ciao,

Andrea

Thanks for the answer, but that's not what I wanted to get to.

I was asking if it is possible to activate a process to facilitate translations.

Updating DVBViewer translations is always a big job and if "LngEditor.exe" was once enough now it doesn't help much.

Ok, I'll update the Italian translation when I have a lot of free time... too bad because DVBViewer is a really nice program.

Ciao,

Andrea

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

PS: (I can't edit previous message) Why is there a commented line like ";A C D N M O S U " at the beginning of some sections?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb AndreaB:

Why is there a commented line like ";A C D N M O S U " at the beginning of some sections?

The comment enumerates the already used "accelerator keys" that appear underlined in the UI. For example, the key "A" (in combination with the Alt key) is assigned to the Add button in the [frmActionEditor] section. The & character in "btnAdd.Caption=&Add" indicates which key shall trigger the Add function.

The comment helps to avoid using the same letter accidentaly two times for different things. Though most people are using the mouse, particularly blind people need a key for every function.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarGal said:

Hi, sorry but the translation has been wrong for years, since the first version 7. Is it possible that no Italian has noticed? I remade it for myself, but if you want I'll post it with my name.

I use DVBViewer frequently and have never encountered errors in the translation (what I did is try to eliminate useless Englishisms). I only use it for the terrestrial and common parts, not the satellite part (even though I know the RF section quite well).
So if you have any suggestions you can make them here.
Ciao,

Andrea

On 12/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, AndreaB said:

Uso spesso DVBViewer e non ho mai riscontrato errori nella traduzione (quello che ho fatto è cercare di eliminare inutili inglesismi). Lo uso solo per la parte terrestre e comune, non per la parte satellitare (anche se conosco abbastanza bene la sezione RF).
Quindi, se hai suggerimenti, puoi farli qui.
Ciao,

Alessio

Ciao, prima di tutto ho cercato di accorciare le traduzioni perché molte frasi erano più lunghe dello spazio disponibile per la lettura e non si capiva nulla del significato, e poi la cosa più importante che è stata cambiata per molto tempo è la traduzione dei suggerimenti bollon quando ci si posiziona sui pulsanti "canale preferito precedente" e "canale preferito successivo", dove invece compaiono le parole "rimuovi dai preferiti" e "aggiungi ai preferiti". Visto l'enorme lavoro svolto, vorrei anche che il mio nome comparisse nell'elenco finale. Grazie. Allego il file modificato.

Google translation to English:

Hi, first of all I tried to shorten the translations because many sentences were longer than the space available for reading and nothing was understood about the meaning, and then the most important thing that has been changed for a long time is the translation of the tooltip (?) suggestions when you position yourself on the "previous favorite channel" and "next favorite channel" buttons, where the words "remove from favorites" and "add to favorites" appear instead. Given the enormous work done, I would also like my name to appear in the final list. Thank you. I attach the modified file.

Italiano.lng

Edited by Griga
Google translation added

@MarGal Thanks for your suggestions. Please add an English translation if you are posting in Italian, so everybody can understand what it is about.

Usually we don't allow posts in languages that we don't understand, because it could be spam that is hidden in this way. However, if you want to communicate with someone in your native language, you may use personal forum messages.

5 hours ago, MarGal said:

first of all I tried to shorten the translations because many sentences were longer than the space available for reading

This may be due to different text size (DPI) settings in Windows. If the text size is more than 100%, DVBViewer adjusts to it automatically, but some text may become too long nonetheless. A language file can be tested with a different text size by using the Resizer.exe tool in the DVBViewer program directory. It only takes effect on DVBViewer, not on whole Windows.

Ciò potrebbe essere dovuto a impostazioni diverse della dimensione del testo (DPI) in Windows. Se la dimensione del testo è superiore al 100%, DVBViewer si adatta automaticamente ad essa, ma parte del testo potrebbe comunque diventare troppo lunga. È possibile testare un file di lingua con una dimensione di testo diversa utilizzando lo strumento Resizer.exe nella directory del programma DVBViewer. Ha effetto solo su DVBViewer, non su tutto Windows.

1 hour ago, Griga said:

@MarGal Thanks for your suggestions. Please add an English translation if you are posting in Italian, so everybody can understand what it is about.

Usually we don't allow posts in languages that we don't understand, because it could be spam that is hidden in this way. However, if you want to communicate with someone in your native language, you may use personal forum messages.

This may be due to different text size (DPI) settings in Windows. If the text size is more than 100%, DVBViewer adjusts to it automatically, but some text may become too long nonetheless. A language file can be tested with a different text size by using the Resizer.exe tool in the DVBViewer program directory. It only takes effect on DVBViewer, not on whole Windows.

Ciò potrebbe essere dovuto a impostazioni diverse della dimensione del testo (DPI) in Windows. Se la dimensione del testo è superiore al 100%, DVBViewer si adatta automaticamente ad essa, ma parte del testo potrebbe comunque diventare troppo lunga. È possibile testare un file di lingua con una dimensione di testo diversa utilizzando lo strumento Resizer.exe nella directory del programma DVBViewer. Ha effetto solo su DVBViewer, non su tutto Windows.

Hi, regarding my post in Italian, I don't understand what happened because it was all in English...Then I had to make a change in the text and it became all in Italian. I thought it was due to google's automatic translator, but that wasn't the case. I apologize for what happened. Good evening
Mario

• 2 months later...