Italian switch on DVB-T2

Nicola Gambetti

Goodmorning all.

As many UE countries, also Italy from 20/10 starts switch on DVB-T2. Until now I used DVBViewer Pro (last stable version) with no problem, even in File/Channel Search there there is not DVB Italy search option (I use DVB Europe instead), but today, when I make a new search, even the channel list was regular updated, I can see no more italian broadcasting channels (Rai), even the signal is displayed on bottom at 100% (no audio, no video).

Before to suspect/change my DVB-T2 usb stick (until now it has worked fine), can you suggest me something other to try, for example how to install a DVB-T2 channel list into DVBViewer Pro channel search?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

the problem is, there are different DVB-T2 Systems. The DVB-T2 in England is for instance not compatible with the german DVB-T2 HD. At first you should see, if your DVB-T2 Stick works with the italian DVB-T2. If your Stick can receive HD (HEVC, H.265) it should work with 'simple' DVB-T2 and DVB-T2 HD aswell.

DVB-T2 has no large transmission range like the analog TV. Channel list work therefore only for your region. For a channel search I'm using DVB Europe too.

Many greetings

Webturtle