Link for buying DVBViewer Pro

Sean99

Hi

I want to buy DVBViewer pro and I need a link, would you please put it here?

And two questions:

How many versions are available?

Does DVBViewer pro recognize Hauppauge WinTV-Quad HD?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Griga said:

I went to this page but I didn’t find the direct link for DVBViewer pro! There are three links:

1- HbbTV/MHEG-5 addon

2- DVBViewer Media Server addon

3- DVBViewer Video Editor addon

What do they mean?

DVBViewer Media Server means that it is DVBViewer pro plus Media Server? Is it right?

12 minutes ago, Griga said:

Try it yourself

https://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=demo

I do

No, DVBViewer Media Server (DMS) is an AddOn like HbbTV or Video Editor, DVBViewer itself is needed but not included in those!

What you need is the upper part of the page, all above HbbTV/MHEG-5 addon and the lower part of the page beginning with "How do you receive the DVBViewer" where also the price EUR 20,00 is listed. To pay with PayPal simply click the PayPal logo on the page.

There are 3 options "> via PayPal", "> via Bank Transfer", "> via Postal". Only Paypal is a link to buy, bank transfer or postal would require manual action by you.

14 hours ago, HaraldL said:

No, DVBViewer Media Server (DMS) is an AddOn like HbbTV or Video Editor, DVBViewer itself is needed but not included in those!

What you need is the upper part of the page, all above HbbTV/MHEG-5 addon and the lower part of the page beginning with "How do you receive the DVBViewer" where also the price EUR 20,00 is listed. To pay with PayPal simply click the PayPal logo on the page.

There are 3 options "> via PayPal", "> via Bank Transfer", "> via Postal". Only Paypal is a link to buy, bank transfer or postal would require manual action by you.

Thank you, I got it.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, Griga said:

I bought DVBViewer yesterday and I have some questions. Would you please help?

1-      Do I need internet during installation of DVBViewer pro?

2-      Do I need to enable this option or not? What is for it? Allow local network access in the windows firewall for DVBViewer. This is required if DVBViewer is used as sat>ip client.

As I said I want to use DVBViewer with Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and I tried it.

DVBViewer didn’t recongnize it very well. (see the image)

As you see in the image, it detected it as eight DVB devices.

Which of them should I choose to scan channels considering I am going to receive channel by antenna.

DVB device.png

1 hour ago, Sean99 said:

DVBViewer didn’t recongnize it very well.

DVBViewer recognized it perfectly well. That's exactly what is supposed to happen if a device provides 8 tuners (4 x Cable = DVB-C and 4 x Terrestrial = DVB-T = Antenna).

1 hour ago, Sean99 said:

Which of them should I choose to scan channels considering I am going to receive channel by antenna.

Simply uncheck the 4 cable tuners. If necessary, you can change it later in the DVBViewer Options -> Hardware.

4 terrestrial tuners allow to receive 4 channels from different frequencies at the same time. That means, you can for example watch a channel and record three other channels simultaneously.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Griga said:

DVBViewer recognized it perfectly well. That's exactly what is supposed to happen if a device provides 8 tuners (4 x Cable = DVB-C and 4 x Terrestrial = DVB-T = Antenna).

Really! That is nice to hear but why it shows as Hauppauge wintv 855 and not wintv quad hd!

1 hour ago, Griga said:

Simply uncheck the 4 cable tuners. If necessary, you can change it later in the DVBViewer Options -> Hardware.

4 terrestrial tuners allow to receive 4 channels from different frequencies at the same time. That means, you can for example watch a channel and record three other channels simultaneously.

you mean like this image?

DVB-device.jpg

4 hours ago, Sean99 said:

I bought DVBViewer yesterday and I have some questions. Would you please help?

1-      Do I need internet during installation of DVBViewer pro?

2-      Do I need to enable this option or not? What is for it? Allow local network access in the windows firewall for DVBViewer. This is required if DVBViewer is used as sat>ip client.

would you please answer these questions too? Thanks

12 minutes ago, Sean99 said:

you mean like this image?

Yes.

15 minutes ago, Sean99 said:

why it shows as Hauppauge wintv 855 and not wintv quad hd!

Ask Hauppauge. The driver provides these names. I guess they indicate the used chip set. Probably there are several Hauppauge cards with different names, but the same chip set, thus requiring the same driver.

11 minutes ago, Sean99 said:

Do I need internet during installation of DVBViewer pro?

No.

12 minutes ago, Sean99 said:

Do I need to enable this option or not? What is for it? Allow local network access in the windows firewall for DVBViewer.

You don't need it for terrestrial TV/radio reception. However, there is no disadvantage. It may be useful in future for playback of network sources, for example if there is a media server in your home network that provides music or video files.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Griga said:

You don't need it for terrestrial TV/radio reception. However, there is no disadvantage. It may be useful in future for playback of network sources, for example if there is a media server in your home network that provides music or video files.

Thanks so much

1 hour ago, Griga said:

Do I need internet during installation of DVBViewer pro?

But last night during installation DVBViewer Demo, it gave me this error:
setup couldn’t download the extra file list. Try again later or download and install the extra component manually.

Is it possible to happen it again when I am installing DVBViewer pro?

Don't mind. Most likely you will not need extra components in your setup, except the LAV Filters, that can be downloaded from here. They provide decoders for many kinds of video and audio formats. Use the installer and don't change the presets.

8 hours ago, Griga said:

Don't mind. Most likely you will not need extra components in your setup, except the LAV Filters, that can be downloaded from here. They provide decoders for many kinds of video and audio formats. Use the installer and don't change the presets.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Griga said:

My question might be silly but I really don’t know if there is transponder list for terrestrial TV/radio reception or not!

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Maybe the DVB-T Europe list will do.

Do you know the frequencies that you can receive? Or is there an internet site where you can look them up? If yes, please provide a link.

I know frequency, you can see the image. It is frequency of TV channel in Iran. I don’t know any website. I searched but I didn’t find.

channel.jpeg

578000 kHz (= 578 MHz) is part of the DVB-T Europe list, so you can use it.

But I wonder why your Channel List Editor displays 578000 MHz. This is definitely wrong. It should be kHz. Looks like you are using a very old version.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Griga said:

But I wonder why your Channel List Editor displays 578000 MHz. This is definitely wrong. It should be kHz. Looks like you are using a very old version.

Yes that picture was from an old version but I checked in new version (7.1.2.1) but the result was the same.

15 hours ago, Griga said:

578000 kHz (= 578 MHz) is part of the DVB-T Europe list, so you can use it.

Yes this is DVB-T Europe list but main question was that if there is Transponder list for Terrestrial TV /Radio reception or not?

Thanks