How can I disable Timeshift permanently?

Sean99

Hi

I have two questions, would you please help?

1- Does DVBViewer pro 7.1 work well in Windows XP?

2- Please see the attachment, why Timeshift and Keep Timeshift file is active and what they do? And how can I permanently disable them?

Thanks a lot

Timeshift.png

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Sean99:

1- Does DVBViewer pro 7.1 work well in Windows XP?

It does. However, problems are caused by add-ons that don't support Windows XP anymore, particularly the LAV Filters (= video/audio decoders). The latest version of the LAV Filters that supports Windows XP is 0.70.2. Additionally the OpenSSL 1.1 libraries that are installed with DVBViewer 7.x don't work with Windows XP. libssl-1_1.dll and libcrypto-1_1.dll must be removed and (if you want to receive HTTPS internet streams with DVBViewer) the older 1.0 versions ssleay32.dll und libeay32.dll kept, provided they are still present from a previous 6.x. installation.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Sean99:

Please see the attachment, why Timeshift and Keep Timeshift file is active and what they do? And how can I permanently disable them?

Untick Settings -> Options -> TV/Radio -> Start timeshift automatically (in DVBViewer 7.x).

You can as well start timeshift manually, e.g. by simply clicking "Pause" while you are watching a TV show. Timeshift means a temporary recording of the currently watched broadcast. It enables to jump back in time if you have missed something or to watch a show time-shifted. Timeshift recordings are deleted automatically if you switch to another channel or close DVBViewer. Activating "Keep Timeshift File" turns a timeshift recording into a regular recording that is kept. In DVBViewer 6.x is was a global setting. In DVBViewer 7.x it is a "per recording" setting that enables to make a temporary timeshift recording a regular recording and vice versa.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Griga said:

Untick Settings -> Options -> TV/Radio -> Start timeshift automatically (in DVBViewer 7.x).

I already have disabled it in Options section but still is active as you can see in attachment. It is weird!

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Sean99:

Version 7.1.2.1 but I should mention that before disabling I programmed DVBViewer to record some channels by Time Recording Options.

Version 7.x always signals Timeshift if a recording of the currently watched channel is going on because a regular recording can be used for timeshift purpose as well, which wasn't possible in version 6.x. And of course version 7.x signals "Keep Timeshift File" because it is a regular recording. In version 7.x the "Keep Timeshift File" flag is the only difference between a volatile timeshift recording and a persistent regular recording. So, if a recording of the currently played channel is going on,"Timeshift" and "Keep Timeshift File" should be checked.

Please read DVBViewer -> Help -> Release Notes -> Change Log DVBViewer Pro 7.0 -> Timeshift for more details.

38 minutes ago, Griga said:

Version 7.x always signals Timeshift if a recording of the currently watched channel is going on because a regular recording can be used for timeshift purpose as well, which wasn't possible in version 6.x. And of course version 7.x signals "Keep Timeshift File" because it is a regular recording. In version 7.x the "Keep Timeshift File" flag is the only difference between a volatile timeshift recording and a persistent regular recording. So, if a recording of the currently played channel is going on,"Timeshift" and "Keep Timeshift File" should be checked.

Please read DVBViewer -> Help -> Release Notes -> Change Log DVBViewer Pro 7.0 -> Timeshift for more details.

To be honest I didn’t understand well.

As I said I record some channels 24 hours day and night and store them directly on Hard disk. Then I don’t need Timeshift.

I prefer to disable everythings that have negative effect in my system. So my question is whether Timeshift has negative effect on my computer function or not?  And it is possible to disable it in version 7x or not?

Hello,

so I understand Griga that from version 7 timeshift recordings are treated differently than before. There used to be timeshift recordings in the narrower sense, which were only recorded so that you could interrupt playback while the program was being received, continue it after the interruption or fast forward and rewind. This type of timeshift recording should normally not be saved permanently. Normal recordings that are to be saved permanently are now also treated like timeshift during recording. So you can pause the playback and rewind while recording while the recording continues in the background.

There is no additional timeshift in progress here. The remaining recording can only be viewed as a quasi-timeshift. Your computer only records your 24/7 recording and nothing else happens. Only if you want to look into the current recording and watch something different than what is being broadcast at the moment does he get something extra to do.

Many greetings

Webturtle

36 minutes ago, Webturtle said:

Hello,

so I understand Griga that from version 7 timeshift recordings are treated differently than before. There used to be timeshift recordings in the narrower sense, which were only recorded so that you could interrupt playback while the program was being received, continue it after the interruption or fast forward and rewind. This type of timeshift recording should normally not be saved permanently. Normal recordings that are to be saved permanently are now also treated like timeshift during recording. So you can pause the playback and rewind while recording while the recording continues in the background.

There is no additional timeshift in progress here. The remaining recording can only be viewed as a quasi-timeshift. Your computer only records your 24/7 recording and nothing else happens. Only if you want to look into the current recording and watch something different than what is being broadcast at the moment does he get something extra to do.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Thanks a lot

You mean this is normal when I start recording these two items become active. (Timeshift and keep timeshift file)

Timeshift.png

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Sean99:

So my question is whether Timeshift has negative effect on my computer function or not?

Absolutely yes! Your computer may get infected with the ultimate Omega variant! :D

Well, just kidding. If recording 24 hours a day has no negative effect, timeshift hasn't either.

• Like 1