External task after recording

fre_

Hi,

I've added an external task as follows:

capture.jpg.9f005d620e9958903b42a6ef6cbd85bb.jpg

My problem is that the task only executes the line in 'Filename', but does not pass through the 'Command Line Parameters'.

In other words, it opens the program TSDoctor (in the background), but it does not output what it is supposed to output (no output at all).

This is what I found in the svcdebug log file:

10.02.22 14:52:00.956 TProcessTimer        Process Params   "M:\mediaportal\DVBViewer\Ketnet - Prinsessia - (jg 3 afl 1)  Kikkerbrouwsel  Vlaamse fictieserie - 2022-02-10 -- 14-50-39.ts" Autofix "J:\Test\"
10.02.22 14:52:00.956 TWinApp              Execute          C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor3\TSDoctor.exe
10.02.22 14:52:00.956 TWinApp              Working Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor3\
10.02.22 14:52:01.057 TProcessTimer        StartRecord      test3 started
10.02.22 14:52:01.057 SendUpdate           DVBVUPDATE TMR
10.02.22 14:52:01.059 SendUpdate           DVBVUPDATE RST -6092

When I create a .bat file with the following line .... :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypheros\TSDoctor3\TSDoctor.exe"  "M:\mediaportal\DVBViewer\Ketnet - Prinsessia - (jg 3 afl 1)  Kikkerbrouwsel  Vlaamse fictieserie - 2022-02-10 -- 14-50-39.ts" Autofix "J:\Test\"

.... it does the job perfectly well (TS Doctor is opened and it outputs in the desired folder J:\Test\).

Does anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong here?

Also, is there a way to enable the last line - the greyed out "execute in active user account (allows user interface)" ?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

nevermind the above question, I found out that it was a matter of privileges, when I enabled the extended privileges (see screenshot below), it all works.

The only thing now is that the process does not happen in the background.  It would be nice if that would be possible. 

Is it possible?   If not, I can live with it.

capture2.jpg.9653f88507c1dd7ebe9d6a0ab74a5650.jpg

Edited by fre_
vor 27 Minuten schrieb fre_:

My problem is that the task only executes the line in 'Filename', but does not pass through the 'Command Line Parameters'.

What tells you that the parameters are not passed through? TSDoctor may as well be unable to execute them for some reason, e.g. because it is running as child process of a service in the local system account.

What is drive J? A mapped network drive?

vor 28 Minuten schrieb fre_:

Also, is there a way to enable the last line - the greyed out "execute in active user account (allows user interface)" ?

Media Server Options (SvcOptions.exe) launched with admin rights -> Tasks -> Extended privileges for executing tasks in the active user account.

However, this option has to be handled with care. Please read more about it here:

https://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/61831-post-recording-task-doesnt-seem-to-have-all-privileges/?do=findComment&comment=477137

41 minutes ago, Griga said:

What tells you that the parameters are not passed through? TSDoctor may as well be unable to execute them for some reason, e.g. because it is running as child process of a service in the local system account.

What is drive J? A mapped network drive?

Thank you for your reply.

Drive J is a local drive.

It was a matter of privileges, when I enabled the extended privileges for executing tasks, it works like it should.

The only thing now is that the task does not run in the background. (The GUI of TS-Doctor is visible during the task)

It would be nice if I can let it run as a background task.  

Any ideas what I should change?

Gerade eben schrieb fre_:

The only thing now is that the task does not run in the background. (The GUI of TS-Doctor is visible during the task)

It would be nice if I can let it run as a background task.  

This has to be enabled by TSDoctor, e.g. by a special commandline parameter. Maybe there is a way to launch TSDoctor in minimized state...