Error 0x80040218

mame

I ask forgiveness if I write in the wrong place, but I'm in IT and I don't have much command of the EN language.
I am testing DVBViewerDemo before buying PRO and run into some problems, mainly with error 0x80040218.
The S.O. in use is Windows 10 x64 and a search offers me many items in German, even worse for me than English, but I think the cause may be the lack of special filters for DVTB channels.
I scanned the channels and tuned all the stations in the area regularly.
1- the error is signaled when trying to receive some TV stations.
2- moreover, even though I regularly see many stations, I cannot tune some of them: in this case I do not receive error reports but the screen appears black even if from "Channel list" I can see the info on the program in progress.
Can you tell me what the cause may be and what I need to correct? if it is really a problem with filters can you tell me where to find them and how to install them?
Thank you.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb mame:

I am testing DVBViewerDemo before buying PRO and run into some problems, mainly with error 0x80040218.

Most likely suitable decoders are missing in your system. Installing the LAV Filters will avoid this error. Download the installer, launch it and don't change the presets.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb mame:

what do you mean? have I to click "Next" without selecting anything?

Don't change anything in the LAV Filters Setup after the LAV Filters installer has been launched.

The screenshot above doesn't show the LAV Filters Setup, but the DVBViewer Downloader tool. You may use it to install the LAV Filters, but you can as well use the link that I have provided in my post above.

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Don't change anything in the LAV Filters Setup after the LAV Filters installer has been launched.

The screenshot above doesn't show the LAV Filters Setup, but the DVBViewer Downloader tool. You may use it to install the LAV Filters, but you can as well use the link that I have provided in my post above.

Really I had selected the LAV filters installation when installed DBViewer.
Now I have executed "LAVFilters-0.76-Installer.exe" as suggested but nothing has changed except that by reinstalling dbviewer I get this warning of missing HEVC Video Decoder: where I can get it and install?
These are the screenshots I get:

dvb1.JPG.c6d48149f76b15f3c715e42b6f7c9187.JPG

dvb2.JPG.9a96c0af9b30bd168e25d65189dc2958.JPG

vor 2 Stunden schrieb mame:

Now I have executed "LAVFilters-0.76-Installer.exe" as suggested but nothing has changed except that by reinstalling dbviewer I get this warning of missing HEVC Video Decoder: where I can get it and install?

The LAV Filters contain a HEVC decoder. The message shouldn't pop up if they are installed properly and completely.

Did you deselect the 32 bit version of the LAV Filters when installing them? DVBViewer can't use the 64 bit version because it's a 32 bit application. Your screenshots don't show any sign of the 32 bit LAV Filters being present.

That's why I have written

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Griga:

I have installed DVB selecting only LAVFilters when required, no other change after that.

But I think HEVC is a false clue, currently in IT no channel is broadcast in dvb-t2 hevc, the problem is elsewhere.
I have ascertained that all the channels received in this area, normally visible also on old production TVs, are normally receivable on the PC with another program (and the same dtv dongle decoder).
With DVBViewer I correctly receive only the channels with "Video Type" H.264 (see attachment "RAI News24") while for other MPEG2 channels (see attachments "Rai2") I receive the error and the video is not visible even though I receive the audio , the EPG guide and information on the current broadcast.

dvb3.thumb.jpg.ac627cbeb8bd59a8a28d6de56956181f.jpg

dvb4.thumb.jpg.f9f32a1b65c3cd00b9b34bc92f62dc7e.jpg

dvb5.thumb.jpg.8cc03e30b2b7ece04f0ae55bd40e03d5.jpg

vor 10 Stunden schrieb mame:

With DVBViewer I correctly receive only the channels with "Video Type" H.264 (see attachment "RAI News24") while for other MPEG2 channels (see attachments "Rai2") I receive the error and the video is not visible even though I receive the audio

That's because there is no 32 bit MPEG2 video decoder in your system. Microsoft does not provide an MPEG2 decoder anymore since Windows 8.  Though the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" still claims to support MPEG2 video (see your screenshot above), it actually doesn't.

It's very obvious that the 32 bit LAV Filters are not installed. Otherwise you wouldn't get this error, and the LAV decoder would appear in the HEVC video decoder list of your screenshot. So please try again. Make sure that the (x86) decoders are selected

grafik.png

and restart DVBViewer after the installation.

Ohhhh!!!  Now I have all filters (x86 and x64) installed and can view at all scanned channels, thanks!

I'd like to ask a new question (tell me if I must open a new topic): I'd like to get a channel list ordered by LCN but how to do?

Exporting the channel list I can see the LCN field in the header row but it is empty, why?

Am 18.2.2022 um 23:48 schrieb mame:

I am testing DVBViewerDemo before buying PRO

Did you buy DVBViewer Pro in the meantime? Otherwise you will not be able to use LCN, because you need an additional scanner tool (TransEdit) for it. The LCN part is still under development. The latest TransEdit version which contains improvements particularly for Italian DVB-T (see here) has not been released yet. But it will happen soon...

vor 6 Stunden schrieb mame:

Exporting the channel list I can see the LCN field in the header row

Where can you see it?

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Did you buy DVBViewer Pro in the meantime? Otherwise you will not be able to use LCN, because you need an additional scanner tool (TransEdit) for it. The LCN part is still under development. The latest TransEdit version which contains improvements particularly for Italian DVB-T (see here) has not been released yet. But it will happen soon...

Not yet, I am still testing

4 hours ago, Griga said:

Where can you see it?

here, in the header row of the exported csv

dvb6.thumb.jpg.4754e4085312351b33c67cfca1d8e638.jpg

in the header row of the exported csv

I see.

DVBViewer 7.2 including the demo version is prepared for LCN handling (see 7.2.0 change log), but not yet able to scan for LCN itself. It requires an additional tool, as already said. This tool is only available after buying DVBViewer Pro. All you can do for now is to enter the numbers manually in the DVBViewer Channel Editor.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, Griga said:

All you can do for now is to enter the numbers manually in the DVBViewer Channel Editor.

But how to do?

I tried to enter the LCNs and encountered problems that I don't know how to solve.
The program does not accept the import of a channel list in .csv format (imports only .ini) and in an .ini file there is no item in which to insert the LCN code.

14 minutes ago, mame said:

But how to do?

I tried to enter the LCNs and encountered problems that I don't know how to solve.
The program does not accept the import of a channel list in .csv format (imports only .ini) and in an .ini file there is no item in which to insert the LCN code.

Update: I can manually insert the LCN in Channel editor (channel number box) but after that how to recall that channel by LCN?

I can recall channels only imputing the number corresponding to the scanning sequence number.

On 2/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, Griga said:

First bullet point.

Yes, I had already read the change log and your post exchange with AndreaB, but it seemed to me that it was possible to manually enter the LCN by editing the channel list ("... or manually entered in the DVBViewer Channel Editor").
Now I deduce that all this is not possible and that the management of the LCN also via TransEdit is not functional and practicable.
Can you confirm?

I note that the jump of LCN numbers or the absence of assigned LCNs may not be a problem: the main broadcasters all have their own LCN and are progressive (for example I have the first jump only after LCN=70) and in any case a solution could be filling the holes fictitiously (if sporadic) or creating multiple favorite lists each with sequential LCN groups (but in this case I don't know how a list would be handled where the first LCN was not 1: this is the current case of many primary HD channels starting with LCN=501).
What can you confirm?

Now I deduce that all this is not possible and that the management of the LCN also via TransEdit is not functional and practicable.

It's fully working. The problem is that you don't understand the main point. It's not enough to enter the numbers in the Channel Editor. You additionally need to tell DVBViewer that it shall use them. Please read more carefully:

Am 21.1.2022 um 21:02 schrieb hackbart:
  • Added: TV/Radio Options: Checkbox “Use custom channel numbers”. It allows to configure a custom channel numbering that is independent from the sequence of channels in the channel and favorites list and not necessarily contiguous (which means, there may be gaps between numbers).

1 hour ago, Griga said:

It's fully working. The problem is that you don't understand the main point. It's not enough to enter the numbers in the Channel Editor. You additionally need to tell DVBViewer that it shall use them. Please read more carefully:

OK, it's now good!

One last question: why can I export a list as .csv file and it is not allowed to re-import it?

Well.

A curiosity: where is the EPG information imported from?
Here in this example, where it is an important ski race, the warning (Film/Drammatico) is highlighted in blue.
It is surely NOT a movie and we hope it is absolutely NOT dramatic.epg.JPG.376c7b4e9df80ecca4d6aafda2c1c47d.JPG

vor 1 Minute schrieb mame:

A curiosity: where is the EPG information imported from?

It is broadcasted by Rai. DVBViewer evaluates it according to the DVB specifications. See ETSI EN 300 468  V1.16.1 (PDF, easy to find in the internet), section 6.2.9: Content descriptor.

6 hours ago, Griga said:

It is broadcasted by Rai. DVBViewer evaluates it according to the DVB specifications. See ETSI EN 300 468  V1.16.1 (PDF, easy to find in the internet), section 6.2.9: Content descriptor.

Evidently that site is not reliable, at least as regards the type of transmission.
On no TV that I can verify, a sports broadcast is classified as "film" let alone "dramatic".
Suggestion? Ok to view the broadcast, but without adding comments on its type!

Am 26.2.2022 um 09:22 schrieb mame:

Here in this example, where it is an important ski race, the warning (Film/Drammatico) is highlighted in blue.

Maybe those tags are quite arbitrary.

The german ZDF tags a popular sports show as 'social, political and economic' and all these categories applies to sport.

And yes, a ski race can be really 'drammatico'.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:27 PM, Griga said:

Maybe you can write to Rai and ask them why they don't conform to ETSI EN 300 468. "EN" means "European Norm".

Do you really think RAI takes me into consideration and answers me?
Personally I believe that RAI is also a huge bandwagon badly managed and unable to manage additional services (Teletext, for example, is a cry).
My previous suggestion was simply not to report that part of the broadcast information in DVBViewer (it matters to know which broadcast is scheduled, not so much what it is), it makes you laugh (or hurt) to read Film / Dramatic about a ski race, not believe?