Audio output - left channel only over SPDIF

Chris Marsden

Hello, i have just built a new PC, new motherboard (asus strix z690-f) , CPU, RAM and onboard audio from the MB. all seemed well with DVBViewer until i connected a second display via hdmi. now I can only get audio from the left channel of my amp using spdif out of the MB.
i initally had the the LAV filters (0.76) installed but now removed (to try and solve this issue) and installed WInTV 10 which works fine and outputs stereo as expected.  my old machine had both winTV10 and DVBViewer insalled and all worked fine. i'm assuming DVBViewer is/was using some of the codecs etc from wintv?

anyway pelase help as i want my excellent dvbviwer back and i hate wintv!

Chris

support.zip

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Chris Marsden:

i initally had the the LAV filters (0.76) installed but now removed (to try and solve this issue)

IMO no good idea. You can select the decoders that DVBViewer shall use on Settings -> Options -> Playback Components. There is no need to uninstall them if you want to try alternatives. Please note that your DVBViewer is currently set up to use set B of the components (see Settings -> Audio Output B). The actually used components (= filters) are listed in the Settings -> Filters sub-menu, where the property pages can be opened, if available.

As far as it concerns SPDIF, I would try the AC3 Filter as audio decoder, because it is a kind of expert in this respect and provides many settings on its property page, allowing to adjust it to different requirements. Take care to deselect additional software that may be offered during installation.

However, the "left channel only" issue may also be caused by Settings -> Audio Channel or the selected Audio Renderer.