DvbMediaServer - There is no matching DVB device

marianob85

Hi, I need help because I'm out of any idea that can be wrong 😕 Everything works fine a week ago. I have no idea what's happened.  

On one PC I have installed DVB Media serwer. On the same PC ( where media serwer is installed ) DVBViewer is working correct connected via SAT->IP ( RTSP ) ( via the network card IP address )
On other PC's ( check at least on 3 ) DVBViewer complain that "There is no matching DVB device available for this channel". 
What I have already checked. 

• Scan Sat->IP Server working without problem ( server are visible over network )
  • On manual add RTSP ( Sat->IP ), Serwer is listed and I can fill all settings automatically
  • I've completely disable windows firewall both on client and serwer side
  • I've reinstall DVBMediaSerwer, DVBViewer on client PC
  • I've check if RSTP port is open over the network. And tool for open port scanning said that 554 is open. 

Non of above help. 

Worth to mention that watching TV over web working without problem. The problem is seems with RTSP protocol. 

Thanks in advance for any help with further investigating or any hint what can be else checked. 

Edit. 
That's interesting. I was able to connect to MediaSerwer from other PC using VLC ( RTSP Channel List ) but connection take quite long time. ( still at the same time DVBViewer is not able to connect ->  There is no matching DVB device ) ( event there it is )

On screenshot can be see that VLC is able to connect to destination port 554, but DVBViewer are not. 

support_client.zip support_server.zip

Screenshot 2022-04-16 162451.png

Edited by marianob85

The cause is most likely Bitdefender, seems to be a change in recent updates that see IPTV traffic as "evil". There were some reports (and a workaround) in the german section.

There is a thread in german but with a picture where the IP of the media server has to be entered on the client to get allowed. Disabling Bitdefender does not solve it, only addition of the IP address. It's silly to see IPTV as an "attack", you could complain to the Bitdefender support.

Btw, according to your support.zip you have installed 2 antivirus products. This is generally a bad idea, gives less security instead of more because both products produce conflicts trying to scan the same files. Better choose only one antivirus product and remove the other completely, there are clean/removal tools for those products to 100% remove them.

F.... 
Thanks for quick explanation !

Regards Antivirus. I have only one installed ( previously Kaspersky was used, but recently I replace it with BItDefender )

Can you post witch 2 was reported ? Seems KAV was completelly removed. If KAV are still reported then I will try to clean it out. 

It seems that support tool found Kaspersky, but it is completely uninstalled from OS. I've also tried to to cleanup system using "Removal tool for Kaspersky applications (kavremover)" but still, support tool report that Kaspersky is used. Strange 😕

Edited by marianob85

If KAV is removed and no longer running then it's no problem. I only mentioned it because systeminfo.txt in your support.zip reported both.

Regarding Bitdefender, no clue why IPTV packages from a local device in the own trusted lan/subnet are considered as "online threat". I hope the pictures in the linked thread guide you to the point where the media server ip has to be entered, although those are in german language.

If it still doesn't work after that: IPTV needs server and client LAN interfaces set to "private network", not "public network". In your client support.zip both is shown "Private Firewall Profile is active" + "Public Firewall Profile is active". Do you have more than 1 network connection? For your server properly only "Private Firewall Profile is active" is shown.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb HaraldL:

Regarding Bitdefender, no clue why IPTV packages from a local device in the own trusted lan/subnet are considered as "online threat".

AFAIK the "malicious" Bitdefender module doesn't block IPTV in general (not heard of it yet), but specifically a TCP connection to the server that a (DVBViewer) Sat>IP client tries to establish.

Anyway, this is a known issue since more than two years, and Bitdefender should already have fixed it.

The blocked connection is established within the local (home) network using the well known multimedia RTSP protocol. It is no "online" internet connection. Bitdefender should be able to detect the specific headers and to classify the connection attempt as harmless, particularly because the RTSP based Sat>IP protocol is a frequently used standard nowadays.

Generally it should be a no-no to purposely block something that the user initiates without providing any information about it. From the client's point of view the server simply doesn't respond, as if it was absent. Bitdefender provides no hint that could explain why things don't work, leaving the user alone with his/her trouble.

So write to Bitdefender and complain about it loudly! You also may want to add a link to what I've written here.

Thank you for all your help. 

Regarding my network. Both on server and client side I use  WSL, docker, Hyper-V bridge so many interfaces, but main is always in private mode. So this is not a case. 

Because I migrated all my devices from KAV to BitDefender, my DVBMediaServer also get BD. So like was describe in above German page I added exception ( ip server ) to client BD but I also needed to modify BD on server side. And the only solution that works was to added the same ip address ( so server network card ip ) to exclusion. 

So many thanks,

Cheers!