How to install plugins and a translation into Portuguese

HardNeck

Greetings!
I have a simple, beginner question and forgiveness looks obvious, Mothers is how I install plugins on DVBViewer, I didn't look at the forum because I don't speak English I'm using Google Translator and another question is if someone has a translation for Portuguese from Portugal or Brazil? Whatever.
I am not able to install some skins either, I installed NewDefWide and XboxHD only the others not.
Thanks for your attention and help.

8 hours ago, Griga said:

https://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Plugin_Installation

For reading this page please use Google Translator (German -> Portuguese).

Thanks, the EPG also doesn't display the program times correctly, and the original program of my TV capture device which is ArcSoft TotalMedia 3.5 displays the EPG with the times correctly?
As for the language file of the program, is it in Spanish but not in Portuguese?
I've looked all over the internet...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb HardNeck:

the EPG also doesn't display the program times correctly,

You can adjust the time zone in DVBViewer on Settings -> Options -> EPG:

• Automatic time zone: DVBViewer uses the Windows time zone.
  • Manual time zone: You can enter a time offset (to Greenwich Mean Time) yourself.
vor 2 Stunden schrieb HardNeck:

As for the language file of the program, is it in Spanish but not in Portuguese?

Unfortunately we have no Portuguese language file. We need a Portuguese user who is able to translate the English file to Portuguese.

4 hours ago, Griga said:

You can adjust the time zone in DVBViewer on Settings -> Options -> EPG:

• Automatic time zone: DVBViewer uses the Windows time zone.
  • Manual time zone: You can enter a time offset (to Greenwich Mean Time) yourself.

Unfortunately we have no Portuguese language file. We need a Portuguese user who is able to translate the English file to Portuguese.

Thanks for your help. The EPG does not display the right schedules either in automatic or manual unfortunately.
As for the translation file, as you said, it is to hope that some Portuguese-speaking user wants to translate the program.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb HardNeck:

The EPG does not display the right schedules either in automatic or manual unfortunately.

Are you from Brazil? If yes, you are receiving ISDB, not DVB. In ISDB the EPG times are not UTC, but local times, as far as I know.

Please use "Manual time zone" and set "Offset to GMT" to +00:00.

P.S. Now I have found this post. It says that In Brazil  the broadcasted ISDB EPG times are always UTC-03:00 (Horário de Brasília). If you are living in this time zone, "Manual time zone" with +00:00 is correct.

If you are living in another time zone, or if daylight saving time (horário de verão) is in effect, you need an appropriate offset. Here are two examples:

• If you are living in the UTC-04:00 time zone (Horário da Amazônia), "Manual time zone" with -01:00 is correct.
  • If you are living in the UTC-03:00 time zone (Horário de Brasília), but with daylight saving time (UTC-02:00), "Manual time zone" with +01:00 is correct.

I hope, I have calculated it correctly...

If the time zone offset is correct, but there are still wrong times in the EPG, please perform the following steps for deleting all wrong EPG times:

• In DVBViewer, select Help -> Configuration Folder. It opens an Explorer window.
  • Close DVBViewer.
  • In the configuration folder, delete the file epg.dat.
  • Restart DVBViewer.

9 hours ago, Griga said:

Are you from Brazil? If yes, you are receiving ISDB, not DVB. In ISDB the EPG times are not UTC, but local times, as far as I know.

Please use "Manual time zone" and set "Offset to GMT" to +00:00.

P.S. Now I have found this post. It says that In Brazil  the broadcasted ISDB EPG times are always UTC-03:00 (Horário de Brasília). If you are living in this time zone, "Manual time zone" with +00:00 is correct.

If you are living in another time zone, or if daylight saving time (horário de verão) is in effect, you need an appropriate offset. Here are two examples:

• If you are living in the UTC-04:00 time zone (Horário da Amazônia), "Manual time zone" with -01:00 is correct.
  • If you are living in the UTC-03:00 time zone (Horário de Brasília), but with daylight saving time (UTC-02:00), "Manual time zone" with +01:00 is correct.

I hope, I have calculated it correctly...

If the time zone offset is correct, but there are still wrong times in the EPG, please perform the following steps for deleting all wrong EPG times:

• In DVBViewer, select Help -> Configuration Folder. It opens an Explorer window.
  • Close DVBViewer.
  • In the configuration folder, delete the file epg.dat.
  • Restart DVBViewer.

Yes, I'm in Brazil, Brasilia UTC -03:00
I followed your instructions and everything worked correctly, thanks for your work, the EPG is already displaying the times correctly.
I don't know why here in Brazil everything is different.

This type of information should be available on the internet here, as the system is different here.
Now I will see why some skins do not install.

🙂

Edited by HardNeck
vor 18 Stunden schrieb HardNeck:

I followed your instructions and everything worked correctly,

Thanks for feedback! In the next DVBViewer release the setup will allow to select "ISDB South America" as broadcast standard. This makes it much easier for users. The EPG will also show the correct time with the "Automatic Time Zone" setting.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb HardNeck:

Now I will see why some skins do not install.

The OSD skin files are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\OSDSkins directory. There is a sub-directory for each OSD skin, containing a lot of XML files. I have three sub-directories: Default and OldDefault for the DVBViewer default skins, and NewDefWide-HD that I have installed later. I have copied the NewDefWide-HD folder from the downloaded ZIP file to the OSDSkins directory and restarted DVBViewer. That was all.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 6:22 AM, Griga said:

Thanks for feedback! In the next DVBViewer release the setup will allow to select "ISDB South America" as broadcast standard. This makes it much easier for users. The EPG will also show the correct time with the "Automatic Time Zone" setting.

The OSD skin files are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\OSDSkins directory. There is a sub-directory for each OSD skin, containing a lot of XML files. I have three sub-directories: Default and OldDefault for the DVBViewer default skins, and NewDefWide-HD that I have installed later. I have copied the NewDefWide-HD folder from the downloaded ZIP file to the OSDSkins directory and restarted DVBViewer. That was all.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your help I managed to install all the skins.