Tools to schedule recording TV Program

wongpcl1021

Hi, I'm now using DVBViewer Pro 7.2.1.0 on Windows 11 (64-bit).

I would like to know which tools could be used to schedule TV recording without the need to run the DVBViewer. 

I know I can schedule to record TV program from DVBViewer, but I need to turn on DVBViewer before recording.  I remember in the past, I used DVBViewer Recording Service which could turn on the Windows and start recording for a scheduled program automatically.   Just wonder is this tool still available and which version is compatible with DVBViewer 7.2.1.0 on Windows 11 (64 bits).

Thanks and regards,

Patrick

vor 2 Stunden schrieb wongpcl1021:

I would like to know which tools could be used to schedule TV recording without the need to run the DVBViewer. 

There are two possibilities:

1. In DVBViewer tick Settings -> Options -> Recordings -> Use Microsoft Task Scheduler. If your Windows user account is password-protected, additionally click Scheduler Settings and enter the name and password for this account. This measure lets DVBViewer create a Windows task for each scheduled recording. The task launches DVBViewer and even wakes the PC up from sleep mode for executing a recording.

or

2. Install the DVBViewer Media Server Basic, that is free for DVBViewer Pro purchasers. Please read more about it here. Compared to the full version, there are some restrictions, but they don't apply if the Media Server Basic is used as recorder in combination with DVBViewer Pro on the same PC. After installation DVBViewer will prompt you to execute the Media Server Wizard (also available in the Help menu) for configuring everything correctly and letting DVBViewer delegate recording to the Media Server. The Media Server runs as Windows Service and executes recordings silently in the background, without DVBViewer having to be launched. It is also able to wake the PC from sleep mode.

• Like 1