NVidia Audio-Decoder and DVBViewer / DVBViewerGE

kmyne

Hello,

at first my compliments for DVBViewer. I just migrated from a Technotrend Premium DVB card and I am really impressed. Program functionalities extended with some plugins cover all my current requirements.

DVBViewer 3.0 caused nonetheless a problem in combination with the NVidia audio filter. I'm using NVDVD 2.55 and I would like to use its video and audio filters for DVBViewer too.

Some highlights of my current HW/SW configuration: ABIT AN7 Mainboard, Amplifier connected via optical S/PDIF, XP Home SP2. To use DVBViewerGE I simply copied the DVBViewerGE EXE-file into the DVBViewer program directory.

Installation works fine with DVBViewerGE (V. 1.1). Playing DVD's is perfect too. To make this happen I selected both NVidia filters in the options dialogue. If I check VIEW->FILTERS, I see the list shown below:

-Video Renderer

-Default Direct Sound Device

-NVidia Audio Decoder

-Overlay Mixer

-NVidia Video Decoder

-DVB Source

Using DVBViewer 3.0 with these settings I get no audio signal. In the property page of the audio filter I can see audio data are arriving, because the "correct" bitrate depending on the type of the audio data stream is shown.

Checking VIEW->FILTERS gives the list below:

-Video Renderer

-Dedynamic Filter

-NVidia Audio Decoder

-NVidia Video Decoder

-DVB Source

By selecting a different filter (e.g. MPEG Audio Decoder) the audio signal is ok and the list of filters DVBViewer 3.0 also includes "Default Direct Sound Device".

I'm no expert for filters but hope that this information is sufficient for a solution.

Edited by kmyne

The NVidia Audio doesn't want to re-connect, once it has been connected to other filters (which I'd call a bug).

It disables audio playback, if an app tries to insert additional filters after already having built the filter graph.

This applies to the Dedynamic Filter (see your list, try to disable it in the options) and probably another filter ("Audio Callback", file DVBViewer\Filters\RLDumper.ax, not visible in the list, used for displaying visual designs).

Perfect!

The problem was "RLDumper.ax". I deregistered this filter and now the NVidia audio filter works fine.

Many thanks!

kmyne

P.S.: By the way, why did it work with DVBViewerGE ?

The GE doesn't need a dumper filter, since it doesn't provide visual designs (those nice graphics changing with the rhythm of the music).

However, the Audiorecorder Plugin won't work after unregistering RLDumper.ax. It requires a dumper filter for grabbing the audio data from the filter graph. Furthermore, if you "fall back" to DVBViewer 2.3 beta or 2.2 (for whatever reason), recording won't work without it.

That's why I prefer other audio decoders, like Moonlight Odio or AC3 Filter 1.01 (both are good - and free).

Thanks for the explanation, it definitely gives a better understanding of the inner workings of DVBViewer.

Regarding the different filters I'm using the NVidia filters simply because I'm happy with the quality and speed in DVD mode (and this also works fine now with DVBViewer!). I removed AC3filter to reduce the number of different configurations and to avoid redundancies.

• 2 months later...

Sorry my stupid question.

But i want to use nvidia audio decoder too.

How to unregister rldumper.ax?

Are there any funtionslimitations after deregisteruíng this file.

using DVBV 3.1.

THX

Download the Radlight Filter Manager from the Service Center

using DVBV 3.1.

Read this thread

• 4 weeks later...

Download the Radlight Filter Manager from the Service Center

using DVBV 3.1.

Read this thread

hello

firend

i heave a problum in skystar2PC how i can add a new channel in my list with out vidio and autio pid no i have only Frq/ and Syb rate pleas solve my problam

tank's

here is DVBViewer board not TechniSat Board !

DVBViewer dont need any TechniSat application.

If you dont have all needed things to add a channel in DVBViewer, make a channel scan on this freq.