Best recording Format for dvb

Flepp

Hallo Christian.

What is actually the best format for recording dvb.It seems that the quality of the recorded pva or mpeg depends a lot from the channel you are actually recording. In 90% of channels it's ok.But f.ex on ARTE(Hotbird) ,there is a problem with pva when using recorder.exe. It's not possible to demux the stream with pvastrumento.

ds.jar complaints about 24ms missing audio for all audio frame.

I found an workaround to convert to mpeg then demux with pvastrumento.

ARD streams on Astra can not be demuxed if recorded in mpeg.

If you record seperate files for audio and video ,you'll never be sure about the delay.

What about TS (like d-box,dreambox) i know it's not handy for viewing but would that not be a better solution for having perfect streams independant from the channel you are viewing ??

It should not be so difficult to implement as it is raw data.

Guest Oliver

Hallo!

Well, Arte on Astra works perfectly with PVAStrumento, though I can't test it on hotbird. But ARD on Astra recorded in MPG2 functions as well. As PVA is based on the same elementary stream as MPG2 and TS, there shouldn't be a noticable difference. Do you have the elecard demultiplexer installed?

CU, Oliver

Hallo!

Well, Arte on Astra works perfectly with PVAStrumento, though I can't test it on hotbird. But ARD on Astra recorded in MPG2 functions as well. As PVA is based on the same elementary stream as MPG2 and TS, there shouldn't be a noticable difference. Do you have the elecard demultiplexer installed?

CU, Oliver

Well try recording ARD ASTRA using recorder.exe in mpeg mode ,then try to demux it.

I use ARTE on Hotbird because it has a better picture qualilty with french language.720*576 and sometimes 256kbit sound.

I mainly record onto dvd ,so picture quality is essential.

Cu

Flepp

Guest Oliver

Hello Flepp!

I was using DVBViewer. Now I've tested it with the PVRTool and Recorder.exe - it really doesn't function. This thread should be moved to the Bug Report, though.

CU, Oliver