DVB Guide no longer updating

PWZ YouTube

Hi, I have a Windows SFF PC serving my Nvidia Shield console.

I've recently started having issues with my EPG loading on my Nvidia client.

My release levels are -

DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.1.0

TransEdit 4.2.4.1

DVBViewer Filter 3.9.10.0

VODSource 2.2.1.1

<Deleted>

Thanks 

Edited by Griga
Irrelevant log deleted

The log entries posted by you are absolutely irrelevant for the described problem. Rather attach a support.zip for providing information. It also contains the Media Server log that may reveal the reason for EPG issues. Besides that it would be good if you could tell us more about the client. Is it Kodi?

Hi - thanks for the head's up on support file - now attached

Client is Kodi - Matrix 19.2

<attachment deleted>

Edited by Griga
attachment deleted

The svcdebug.log indicates that the last attempt of the DVBViewer Add-On for Kodi to access the Media Server was on June 21st, 20:58, right after the server PC woke up from sleep mode.

The add-on queried the DMS for its status (most likely to find out if it is available) and tried to start TV playback of BBC One W Mid on 10788 V, that was stopped at 21:01. After that the DMS EPG background update started to work and scanned Astra 28.2° East frequencies for EPG data, among them the most important one (11427 H), that transmits the whole Freesat EPG within 30 seconds.

Is this correct so far? There was no later Kodi usage up to the support.zip creation (June 23rd, 19:00)?

The procedures described above (and others) are accompanied by a repetitive error, caused by a device in your DMS hardware list that should not be there. Its name is "IPTV RTSP Network Device" and points back to the DMS itself, which doesn't make sense. It at least delays tuning, because it is allocated by the DMS first, until it recognizes that it is not usable and switches over to your "Digital TV" tuner.

So please use the DMS tray menu -> Configure Server -> Hardware (or svcoptions.exe -> Hardware) to delete this device. Its presence does not explain directly why EPG data is missing in Kodi, but it may cause issues by increased DMS response times.

Regarding the EPG: Does the DMS web interface show the expected EPG data? Please check it. If yes, the data missing in Kodi is not fetched for unknown reasons. The DMS log doesn't show an error in this respect.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of the support.zip log's ..

I'm now making progress having removed "IPTV RTSP Network Device"

I have my Favourite channel list loaded now on Kodi but the EPG is taking some time to populate.

Thank you again for your help :thumbsup: