'No hardware available' problem

Jean-Michel

Hello. I’ve been using DVBViewer for DVB-T and DVB-C with a TBS 5880 dual receiver for years. I used until now version 6.1.7.2 because it is impossible to switch to the DVB-C card in versions 7. As you don’t provide support for outdated versions, I installed version 7.2.2.0 before generating the support file.

My problem (which happens in both versions, 6 and 7) is that since yesterday (I hadn’t been using DVBViewer for a month) every time I try to tune a channel (either terrestrial or cable) I get the message “No hardware available or compatible”). I tried with a second card (Hauppauge WinTV-solo HD) and the problem persists. I think that something has been installed on my PC since the last time I used DVBViewer which is in conflict with the DVB/T-C card. I recently bought a Webcam (Logitech C270), which might be the source of the problem.

Can you please help me? Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Family Edition. 19044.1826

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

GeForce 1060 3GB

support.zip

34 minutes ago, Jean-Michel said:

every time I try to tune a channel (either terrestrial or cable) I get the message “No hardware available or compatible”). I tried with a second card (Hauppauge WinTV-solo HD) and the problem persists.

Your hardware configuration (as reported by your systeminfo.txt) includes the TBS 5880, but no Hauppauge device. Please note that you have to move a second device to the topmost position in DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> Hardware -> Devices (with drag & drop) in order to let DVBViewer use it preferably.

Reproducing the issue in DVBViewer Debug Mode before creating the support.zip (see here), would shed more light on what is actually going on. Without a DVBViewer.log it's hard to tell ;)

44 minutes ago, Jean-Michel said:

I think that something has been installed on my PC since the last time I used DVBViewer which is in conflict with the DVB/T-C card. I recently bought a Webcam (Logitech C270), which might be the source of the problem.

That's easy to find out. Just remove/uninstall it for a test.

Thanks for replying, Griga. I appreciate.

I don't use the Hauppauge usually (I can't run it as a DVB-C receiver with DVBViewer), it was just for a test.

I deleted the webcam in the device manager, it doesn't improve things. I attach a new support file after reproducing the incident in debug mode.

Thanks!

support.zip

Sorry, it seems things didn't go well when generating the last support.zip file. There was no DVBViewer.log file inside. I ran support.exe once again. Hereattached a new zip file with the .log file.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, which will be much appreciated.

Best.

support.zip

20 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

I don't use the Hauppauge usually (I can't run it as a DVB-C receiver with DVBViewer), it was just for a test.

Usually the soloHD should work as DVB-C tuner with DVBViewer. So why is it not usable for you?

Did it trigger the same error message as your TBS 5880?

9 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

I ran support.exe once again. Hereattached a new zip file with the .log file.

Unfortunately an old rule applies here: No matter how much details are logged, it is never enough to really pinpoint a problem.

The only line in the DVBViewer.log that is related to you problem is

13.07.22 13:39:21.142 TfrmMain             AllocateHardware Open failed

which means, that using your TBS 5880 fails in a very early stage, probably in an unexpected way, because some basic (Windows) mechanism is not working anymore. It looks like something outside DVBViewer has been damaged, particularly because the Hauppauge soloHD doesn't work either. So what can be done about it?

• Check if playing recordings (or other videos) with DVBViewer is possible. Just drag & drop the file into the DVBViewer main window, in order to find out if using DirectShow components is still working. They are also required for connecting to DVB devices.
  • I could provide a DVBViewer test version with more extensive logging. It could help to find out at which point acessing your TBS 5880 fails, but it will not fix the issue.
  • Use a system restore point, if available, in order to reset your system to a point of time where your TBS device was still working, or some other system backup or system repair mechanism. There are some known cases where a repair installation of Windows 10 restored lost access to DVB devices.

Hello Jean-Michel!

You are using Windows 10 (64bit) with a very old driver from 18.12.2012.

I would recommend a driver update - here are the links:

Windows 10 DVB-C Driver -> https://www.tbsiptv.com/download/tbs5880/TBS5880_dvbc_win10_driver.zip

Windows 10 DVB-T2 Driver -> https://www.tbsiptv.com/download/tbs5880/TBS5880_dvbt2_win10_driver.zip

Which tuner type do you use?

Unfortunately, a "combined driver" for working with DVB-C and DVB-T on Win10 is not available.

By the way: maybe installation of "Windows Update" from July 2022 has created your problem...

INGBEAN

Hi both of you Griga and Ingbean.

I reinstalled Windows 10 while keeping my programs & files and now DVBViewer works fine. I downgraded DVBViewer to version 6.1.7.2 since I use both DVB-C and DVB-T and it is likely impossible to switch from cable to terrestrial for versions 7 (maybe I’m wrong). It’s the reason why I won’t use the drivers proposed by Ingbean and keep the old one.

Concerning the Hauppauge WinTV-solo HD, it’s likely there is a bug and it doesn’t work as a DVB-C receiver unless the frequencies are multiplied by 1000. https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61342-keine-sender-gefunden-dvb-c/?tab=comments#comment-473568

I failed to do it. But the TBS works fine.

Thank you to both of you for your help. This discussion can be closed.

Regards.

1 hour ago, Jean-Michel said:

Concerning the Hauppauge WinTV-solo HD, it’s likely there is a bug and it doesn’t work as a DVB-C receiver unless the frequencies are multiplied by 1000.

All variants of the soloHD should be included in the hardware database of recent DVBViewer versions, so that 1000 as symbol rate (!) multiplier is applied automatically. If this is not the case with your soloHD, please attach another support.zip with the soloHD being present in the DVBViewer device list.

1 hour ago, Jean-Michel said:

I downgraded DVBViewer to version 6.1.7.2 since I use both DVB-C and DVB-T and it is likely impossible to switch from cable to terrestrial for versions 7

Because you can't change the tuner type on Options -> Hardware?

There may be a solution that lets DVBViewer automatically switch between DVB-T and DVB-C, depending on the tuned channel. For a test, please close DVBViewer and replace the file hardware.xml in the DVBViewer configuration folder by the attached one:

hardware.xml

I've added another section to it, which basically is a copy of the entry for the DVB-T tuner, but with the tuner type set to DVB-C, though the name still is (and must be) TBS 5880 DVB-T/T2 Tuner. You can inspect the file with a text editor. With this hardware.xml two entries should appear in the device list, one for DVB-T and one for DVB-C. Please try if it works... it did with a TBS 5881.

Note: A hardware detection performed in DVBViewer may delete the second tuner entry again!