HbbTV display problem on Polish channels

Piotr12

Good morning,

I would like to ask for help with the HbbTV plug. Unfortunately, once installed, it doesn't work. An error is displayed (photo attached) or the HbbTV page is not displayed on TVP channels. On Polsat channels, sometimes it works and it is possible to turn on HbbTV, but the content is not loaded. When disabling the firewall in ESET it also does not work.
I looked through previous posts but found no answer to my problem there.
e.g.
https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/66051-hbb-tv-error/#comment-500596
or
https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/66184-log-reports-wm_devicelost/#comment-501432
I am asking for help in fixing the error.

PS The DVBViewer program does not see new programs on the 610,000 kHz frequency such as TVP 1 HEVC and TVP 2 HEVC despite the program update. The new channels are available on a normal TV or DVB-T2 set-top box.

Best regards,

Piotr

obraz_viber_2022-07-28_22-28-40-789.jpg

obraz_viber_2022-07-28_22-28-40-917 v03.jpg

support.zip

On 7/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, Piotr12 said:

I would like to ask for help with the HbbTV plug. Unfortunately, once installed, it doesn't work.

We had another look at it, but unfortunately we are not able to fix it, because HbbTV is based on third party components. The possibilities to take influence on it in DVBViewer are too limited for getting this straight. Currently we are investigating if we can replace it by a new code base for HbbTV, but that will take some time.

So I think the HbbTV add-on in its current state shouldn't be sold to Polish users. I recommend to ask for refund.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, Piotr12 said:

The DVBViewer program does not see new programs on the 610,000 kHz frequency such as TVP 1 HEVC and TVP 2 HEVC despite the program update.

What do you mean by "does not see"? A channel search doesn't find them?

2 hours ago, Griga said:

So I think the HbbTV add-on in its current state shouldn't be sold to Polish users. I recommend to ask for refund.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

What do you mean by "does not see"? A channel search doesn't find them?

Yes exactly. After searching for channels, the program does not find them, although one of the new channels is available in this band TVP INFO HD HEVC (LCN channel No. 87). There should be two more new ones in this band: TVP 1 HD HEVC and TVP 2 HD HEVC (LCN channels 36 and 37, respectively).

29 minutes ago, Piotr12 said:

After searching for channels, the program does not find them,

Please attach the file hardware.xml from the DVBViewer configuration folder here, so I can see which devices with which settings are used for reception.

Scanning issues can be handled best with the transponder list editor, scanner and analyzer tool TransEdit (see DVBViewer download area). Store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is), launch it, select the transponder list on the left side, the frequency 610 MHz on the right and click "Scan Selected". What happens?

6 hours ago, Griga said:

Please attach the file hardware.xml

I put the file in the attachment.

6 hours ago, Griga said:

Scanning issues can be handled best with the transponder list editor, scanner and analyzer tool TransEdit (see DVBViewer download area). Store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer program directory (where DVBViewer.exe is), launch it, select the transponder list on the left side, the frequency 610 MHz on the right and click "Scan Selected". What happens?

I scanned the TransEdit program and put the search result in the attachment.

Nowe kanały.jpg

hardware.xml

3 minutes ago, Piotr12 said:

I scanned the TransEdit program and put the search result in the attachment.

That looks pretty good, doesn't it? The scan results with blue background are already present in the DVBViewer channel list.

Now you can click "Select All" and "Add/Update". This will copy the missing channels to the DVBViewer channel list.

However, it remains a mystery why the DVBViewer channel search doesn't find these channels :iiam: (provided the same transponder list has been used).

Thank you very much, Griga.
In DVBViewer I have marked "search for new frequencies, update channel names, update existing channels".

You are right! I marked "update existing channels" resulted in not searching for these two channels, and searching for TVP Info HD HEVC was related to replacing the TVP Kobieta HD HEVC channel. You're the best :)