No Matching DVB Device for this Channel

Paul I

Hi,

I'm trying to set up DVBViewer on a remote PC, I've had DVBViewer running on the same PC for a number of years, but this is the first time I've tried to set up a remote connection to a different device on the same network.

The DVBMediaServer is clearly visible to the remote PC, as I can see it via the Network screen. I can start the web interface and stream programmes via the web.

However when I start up DVBViewer on the remote PC, when I try to configure a connection to the media server, the drop down box is empty. I can set up a connection by entering the IP address of the media server and test the connection successfully. I can populate the EPG on DVBViewer, but that's about all I can do.

If I try and select a programme on the EPG, I get the error "The is No Matching DVBViewer Device for this channel...  

I've seen another thread that indicated Bitdefender as a cause, but I'm not running bitdefender, I'm runing Avast as my antivirus...

Any help - greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

support.zip

Your DVBViewer device list (see Settings -> Options -> Hardware) only contains a "DVB IPTV Network Device", that is not suitable for connectiing to the Media Server. You need to set up a RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Device. Click Settings -> Options -> Hardware -> Add -> RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Device. The resulting configuration dialog should detect the Media Server automatically, so you only need to pick it from the server list. However...

1 hour ago, Paul I said:

when I start up DVBViewer on the remote PC, when I try to configure a connection to the media server, the drop down box is empty.

there seems to be a network issue (concerning UPnP) so that the server can't be detected automatically. This may also be the case in the Sat>IP RTSP Settings dialog, so that you have to enter the IP address manually. After clicking OK select the appropriate Tuner Type in the Options Window, finish with Apply and let me know if it works...

22 hours ago, Griga said:

Your DVBViewer device list (see Settings -> Options -> Hardware) only contains a "DVB IPTV Network Device", that is not suitable for connectiing to the Media Server. You need to set up a RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Device. Click Settings -> Options -> Hardware -> Add -> RTSP (Sat>IP) Network Device. The resulting configuration dialog should detect the Media Server automatically, so you only need to pick it from the server list. However...

Thanks for the information Griga. So I've managed to set up an RTSP Network device. The server name was visible, and resolved to the correct IP address in the dialog box so that's looking good. I've managed to get reception on DVBViewer...so that's a major result.

However the MediaServer Wizard, and MediaServer panel in Options still don't pick up the server name....as you say there seems to be a uPnP network issue. But it's strange that setting up the RTSP device does display the servername, but it's not visible in the picklists in ServerWizard or in the MediaServer panel under Options.

...and please clarify if you have installed the restricted DVBViewer Media Server Basic (which is free for owners of a DVBViewer licence) or the full version, that requires an additional licence.

If the Basic version is installed the web interface displays "Basic" when hovering with the mouse over the Media Server icon at the top left.