PIP and CI descrambling

Etienne

Hi,

I have discovered a strange behavior.

Pip is working fine, decrambling or not if you have only 1 descrambling (Main or PIP)

With the trick from here : https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61744-recording-service-and-ci/

I have try 2 scenarios:

With the setting from previous post, I can't have in same time PIP and Main decrypt, why ? (Via Main windows and a client + Upnp it decrypts boths).

On main partition I run without RS. I have put the line MultiPID in hardware.xml for the DVBS2 + CI card, and same behaviour.

Suppose i Have in main windows a FTA DVB-T channel, and in PIP a Sat decrypted channel.

I swtich the main window (via channel list) to a channel to decrypt on same Sat transponder, then the PIP window closes.

Second scenario, i decrypt a channel in main window.  Then, via popup on main window i click on PIP, then I have same decrypted on PIP, good. Then, via popup in PIP, i select adjacent channel via favorite - (or+) to a other channel to decrypt in PIP ... then the channel in PIP is moving in a (random?) favorite channel, visibly the app selects one in FTA in the favorites... but not the wanted one.

Is it a bug or is it coded as is ?

I haven't try on older DVBViewer, all are up to date 7.22

1 hour ago, Etienne said:

Suppose i Have in main windows a FTA DVB-T channel, and in PIP a Sat decrypted channel.

I swtich the main window (via channel list) to a channel to decrypt on same Sat transponder, then the PIP window closes.

This means, that DVBViewer only finds one suitable tuner/device, which is only able to deliver a single decrypted channel. Since the main window has priority, the PiP window gets closed.

DVBViewer is working as a Media Server client and is supplied via RTSP Network Devices, right? I think you also have to apply the MultiPID tweak to the RTSP device in question. I'm not sure if this works, but in theory it should.

Another possibility would be to use two RTSP devices for DVB-S2, both with a "Has CI module" checkmark. However, using a single RTSP Network Device is more appropriate if the DMS only has one DVB-S2 tuner with CI. So I would prefer the first solution.

I explain better.

Boths channels to be decrypted are on same Sat transponder, It's working via RS and Upnp but not via PIP.

I have the same behavior without RS on main partition, so it's not a Rtsp problem because in this configuration DVBViewer is acting directly with the hardware.

It's not a CI nor a suscription problem, the configuration from the post from 2018 is still working.

So I think we must concentrate us on simple configuration without RS (my main use case), why it is not working?

Edited by Etienne
withou -> without

Hi, thanks for answer.

I've found my mistake on main partition, (without RS)

I had modified the hardware.xml, but didn't save. I had to reboot to take in count. It's working now.

So only the version with RS did not work, it's not my all days use case, I will try your trick from above nxt week.

Should i try this with RS 1.33 or media server basic ?

Thanks for all