Series recording

Paolo Petraglia

Hi, how can i test the function? it is paid only ... i have a pro license but not the server

Can i set criteria with partial title name or similar? like autotimer in enigma2 boxes or tvwishlist in mediaportal

thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Paolo Petraglia said:

how can i test the function?

You can use the DVBVewer Media Server Basic (free for owners of a DVBViewer license) and the manual EPG search on the "Search EPG" page of the web interface for trying which results an automatic search would yield in certain cases.

For doing this, you first need to populate the EPG in the Media Server by tuning some channels, either in DVBViewer configured as a Media Server client (so the data passes through the Media Server) or in the Media Server web interface by playing channels in the browser. More instructions on demand...

10 minutes ago, Paolo Petraglia said:

Can i set criteria with partial title name or similar?

What do you mean by "partial title name"? Please give an example.

You can set almost all criteria one can think of by using regular expressions. However, if it comes to sophisticated tasks you may find that it's a kind of rocket science...

Thanks for the reply 🙂 , basically i would like to set a policy for automatic series registrations. a scheduler that automatically records all titles starting with a string. for example all the episodes whose title starts with "Mickey Mouse - the house of", then Mickey Mouse - the house of fun ep1, Mickey Mouse - the house of fun ep2 etc will be recorded. By automatically updating the epg (at a fixed frequency, for example every day), new recordings are always automatically scheduled.

like this

https://wiki.openpli.org/Plugin_Wiki:AutoTimer

Thanks again for the help

screen.png

autotimer.png

This is exactly what the full version of the DMS DVBViewer Media Server does (not the free basic one). Collecting all EPG twice a day and then creating auto timers for multiple search definitions. It stores previous recording infos in a database to detect duplicates and avoid recording repeated transmissions again (if EPG is properly filled by the TV station).

Here I have a lot (>30) search definitions for series or people names that get recorded fully automatically.

The full DMS is not free, it's a paid addon but it's really worth it. It also can stream recordings or videos etc. to Kodi clients, Smart-TVs (by DLNA) or smartphones/tablets and more.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Paolo Petraglia said:

a scheduler that automatically records all titles starting with a string. for example all the episodes whose title starts with "Mickey Mouse - the house of"

This is easy. You don't need regular expressions for it. With "Mickey Mouse - the house of" as search item the Media Server EPG search finds everything that contains this string. If you explicitely want it to find titles that start with this string you can use "^Mickey Mouse - the house of". Also in non-regex-mode there are some special characters that allow to control the search, for example the pipe symbol  | that means "or". "Mickey Mouse|Mighty Mouse" would find everything that contains "Mickey Mouse" or "Mighty Mouse".

You can try this with the manual EPG search in the Media Server Basic. Of course it also applies to the automatic scheduling of recordings in the full version, because it uses the same search engine. The only difference is that in the Basic version you have to schedule the recordings manually by ticking checkboxes in the list of search results. Just try...

The "Record Series" function is just a shortcut for creating a search preset that searches for a certain title, so you don't have to enter the search item manually.

Great...purchased MS 🤩

I am learning the regular expressions 🧐 but I still have a doubt: if I have to search for two strings, one in a title "and" and the other in a subtitle or description, what can I do? for example in the title "simone" and in the description season 4 (S4 Ep.1 S4 Ep.2 ...S4 Ep.xx.)

Thanksssssss

1153985034_Senzatitolo.png.17b912720e07810431840c87e6aea4f6.png

12 hours ago, Paolo Petraglia said:

if I have to search for two strings, one in a title "and" and the other in a subtitle or description, what can I do?

For an EPG search the Media Server concatenates title, subheading and (long) description to a single string, provided they are selected,

Zwischenablage01.png

separated by a line break (carriage return and linefeed). So for example in non-regex mode you can search for ^Simone*S4 Ep.1, where ^ means a text field start and * an arbitrary number of arbitrary characters (including carriage return and linefeed between title and subheading). If you hover with the mouse over the "Search for" input field, a hint appears that provides a list of all special search characters that can be used in non-regex mode. Actually the non-regex mode is a kind of "regex light" mode.

In regex mode you can do much more, for example search for ^Simone.*\r\nS\d+\sEp\.\s\d+, where ^ is a text field start, .* an arbitrary number of arbitrary characters, \r a carriage return, \n a linefeed, \d+ one or more digit, \s a space and \. a dot. It finds "Simone S4 Ep. 24" as well as "Simone S10 Ep. 3" with "Simone" at the beginning of the title and the season/episode information at the beginning of the subheading.

There are many helpful regex tutorials in the web. In some cases you may need to know that the Media Server uses the Perl regex dialect.

• Like 1