DVBViewer no longer detects my hardware

Jumbotron

Hello from Spain,

I've been using DVBViewer Pro and my old Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT (internal, PCIe) for some time without issues to watch and occasionaly record TV shows from my Windows PC. I have even used this combo with my current version of Windows (Windows 11 Pro) in quite the recent past again without issues.

My problem started when I temporarily uninstalled DVBViewer (I can't remember the reason behind this decision). When I reinstalled the program later, I found that it wouldn't detect my Cinergy 2400i DT anymore. Uninstalling its drivers and reinstalling them has not fixed the problem. For whatever reason, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.4.0 won't detect my hardware any more.

The driver version of the DVB-T PCIe card is 1.1.0.284. It is the latest driver version as far as I know. It is supposed to support Windows Vista, 7 and 8 versions only. But in my experience it works just fine with both Windows 10 and 11 as well.

My graphics card is an nVidia RTX 3090 (driver version: 531.79 Game Ready).

Attached you can find the support.zip requested file and also a screenshot of my Windows device manager, where you can see that the DVB-T hardware is actually installed and working OK, according to Windows.

device_manager.jpg

support.zip

Edited by Jumbotron
Fix grammar
55 minutes ago, Jumbotron said:

Attached you can find the support.zip requested file and also a screenshot of my Windows device manager, where you can see that the DVB-T hardware is actually installed and working OK, according to Windows.

It cannot work, because the Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner is missing in the device manager. Only a Capture and Bridge component are present. The same applies to the SystemInfo.txt in your support.zip, Media Devices section. Please compare it with the SystemInfo.txt in this support.zip. It enumerates an additional Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner device.

Since DVBViewer looks for tuners on device detection, it can't find your Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT.

I guess something went wrong on driver installation. It is not complete. I would try to uninstall the Cinergy components that are present (including deletion), reboot and then re-install the driver.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Griga said:

I guess something went wrong on driver installation. It is not complete. I would try to uninstall the Cinergy components that are present (including deletion), reboot and then re-install the driver.

Hey, Griga. Thank you very much for your input. I've just tried doing what you suggest. But somehow, after reinstalling the driver, I don't get the tuner installed.

Firstly, I uninstalled the driver from Windows control panel. Then, I manually deleted a couple more .sys files from /system32 folder, which I am confident are also from my Terratec device, since they also have v1.1.0.284. After restarting Windows, I've then proceeded to reinstall the driver. And after doing that, I have also restarted Windows once again, just in case. But to no avail. The tuner module is not present in the system yet. I'm beginning to think that the installer of the Terratec driver I have is faulty somehow. I'm gonna try downloading it again and repeat the procedure after that.

I'll post again after doing that with the news. Thanks.

Edited by Jumbotron
Fix grammar

No, nothing. Windows still won't detect the tuner element.

I've just downloaded the driver for Windows 64-bit from this page:  http://terratec.ultron.info/Receiver/Cinergy2400iDT/Update/

Then, I've uninstalled the one I had installed once again. After that I've deleted three .sys files from /system32/drivers: MicNgBas.sys, MicNgCap.sys and MicNgTun.sys (this last one is the tuner element, I think).

Next, I've restarted Windows and then I've installed the driver i'd just downloaded from the link above.

Finally, I've restarted Windows once again. But still, the tuner won't appear listed in the device manager. What may the problem be?

It's solved now. I noticed that the bridge module was listed twice in the device manager. Updating the driver of the duped element did actually caused Windows to finally install the tuner itself. What a strange thing to happen... Anyway, it's all good now.

• Like 1