EPG data just for favorites

N.K

When trying to search for similar requests, the search function did not allow me to look for "EPG". This was because it has only three letters. I think it would make sense to decrease the minimum amount of letters to three, as there are many special words (or better accronyms) like EPG, DVB, PVR, OSD and so on that consist of three letters, too.

I think it would be great if you could determine whether the EPG window and OSD function shall show all data which is available in their timeline (the way it currently is) or just the ones according to your favorites. Especially in the OSD this would bring the advantage of quicker finding the shows that really interest you.

Furthermore I think this feature would not be hard to program.

So what do you guys think about it?

Happy Easter

N.K

the search function did not allow me to look for "EPG".

Use Google: DVBViewer.com/forum EPG

I think it would make sense to decrease the minimum amount of letters to three

It would make sense for malicious hackers - quite easy to block the server by searching for three-letter-words with hundreds of results. There is a reason behind restrictions like that. Even Google excludes several frequently used words. However, the board software is not so sophisticated...

the EPG window and OSD function shall show all data (...) according to your favorites (....) I think this feature would not be hard to program.

It wasn't too hard. Click the filter button in the EPG window.

Guest Lars_MQ

No it doesn't affect the OSD. ATM it's not possible to do want you want.

Furthermore I think this feature would not be hard to program.

Well, I know this feature is quite complex to program. That's why I didn't made it :blush:

lars

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion the best and simple way is to make a program for edit/import epg, so for example if Im interesting in only skyitalia, I can remove other epg from other program...

Is not a good Idea?

I know this feature is quite complex to program. That's why I didn't made it

@Lars: There should be a filter function

function TfrmFavourites.IsFavourite(SID,APid: Word; const Name: String): Boolean;

that I've implemented some time ago.

but in this topic I know that the filter go well only on the epg window, not in the osd.

Sure. That's why I told Lars how it can (probably) be coded for the OSD. It's a developer's thing, real hard stuff :wub: So don't get confused. Wait until next version.

• 1 year later...

Any chance of getting this fixed?

You can filter favourites only in the Timeline view of the OSD. Unfortunately channels are not in the correct order. However, it works correctly in 'Now' view and in windowed EPG view. I mean that I have changed positions of certain channels in the list but they are not shown in this order. Seems to be ok everywhere else but not in OSD timeline.